Arrow Can we just display specific businesses?
    I own two music entertainment companies and we're considering the Groupon affiliate program. But our audience doesn't care too much about massages and sushi... they can see those offers anywhere. I'd rather just give our audience what they want... everything related to MUSIC. From lessons to concert tickets; rock bars to venues. It would also be beneficial to everyone if we could then boast these music-related offers through our public Facebook page that has thousands of fans... as this program seems, we can't do this either.

What do you think or am I just unclear on the program?

Hello! Welcome to both Groupon and ABestWeb.com Great to see you on here.

As a matter of fact, if you pull V2 of our API, that actually has categories associated with each deal, so you can slice and dice it however you want.

Then, to make sure the landing pages track through CJ, you just need to prepend them with: http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-CJPID...07?url=API_URL

Does that help?
    best,
    Carolyn Tang Kmet
    AllInclusiveMarketing.com
    carolyn-at-allinclusivemarketing.com

Thanks much for the reply and info. If I could please clarify...

So if I signup my company to be part of the Groupon affiliate program, we will have the ability, using version 2 of the setup/API software, to select just music categories to display on our afiliate widget? Or maybe not just music, but anything we think our audience would find to be inline with our brand.

Also, what is CJ? I tried that link and got a 404 error.

CJ is Commission Junction, and it can be accessed here: www.cj.com ...it's our third-party tracking system. And yes, you would be able to select whichever categories you wanted to promote to your audience. But, to ensure it tracks through CJ so that you get commission on any resulting sales, you need to prepend the URLs returned by the API with that string in the above thread. Better?
    Last edited by CTanK; December 1st, 2010 at 06:01 PM.

I think so and thanks again. I'll run this past my partner, who is more technical than me, and hope to move forward soon.

Sounds good, have your partner check here for our API documentation: Groupon API

V2 is the one that has categories. It's actually pretty good, it's got lat/long info too in case you wanted to play around with mapping or geo-targeting

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread