Do you read your affiliate newsletters?
    Question for publishers: do you read and/or take action on the affiliate newsletters that come to you through SAS and CJ?

What do you look for in a newsletter from an affiliate? What kind of information makes you want to take action?

How frequently would you like to receive them?

Thanks!

Yes I read them, what I look for is:

1) New Links/Offers/Coupons - Not the same offers month after month.

2) I want affiliate links with my tracking code included in the email or just one click to get the affiliate link such as is the case with many CJ Merchants.

3) I whant what new on the site (ie new products)

I think weekly newsletters is fine if you have a new deal each week. I do not like daily emails.

I want the contact information for the affiliate manager in every email, and the affiliate manger must respond to my requests in a timely manager. I see way to many affiliate managers give out contact information who do not reply to questions or suggestions.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBinder_Aff View Post

What do you look for in a newsletter from an affiliate?
    Welcome to ABW ReBinder_Aff - it sounds like you are the merchant, you send your newsletter to affiliates.

Here is a link to a thread that has some good information, especially pay attention to the post by rematt.

Newsletters, emails and Program Updates to Affiliates... - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    Yes I read them, what I look for is:

1) New Links/Offers/Coupons - Not the same offers month after month.

2) I want affiliate links with my tracking code included in the email or just one click to get the affiliate link such as is the case with many CJ Merchants.

3) I whant what new on the site (ie new products)

I think weekly newsletters is fine if you have a new deal each week. I do not like daily emails.

I want the contact information for the affiliate manager in every email, and the affiliate manger must respond to my requests in a timely manager. I see way to many affiliate managers give out contact information who do not reply to questions or suggestions.
    Ditto. Exactly what I look for/require.

Depends on the newsletter. If the "newsletter" looks like the merchant's latest email blitz I don't read it. If it is a newsletter designed and written for affiliates I do read it. I have been getting more and more emails that just look like the ads you would send to customers. I find that so lazy on the AMs part, I don't bother looking at it.
    Last edited by leeann; December 3rd, 2010 at 01:03 AM.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

If I read all the newsletters I get, I would not have time to work. Or eat. Or sleep.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I used to read affiliate newsletter randomly. If the newsletter doesn’t serve an interesting message I used to delete them. It is not practical to read the whole content since it requires a lot of time.

Another thing that I love to see in the newsletter are top selling products.

Newsletter is one of my favorite ezines and I look forward to receiving it.I get lots of information from it.It shows me the current trend, what is happening in the market,but sometimes I don't read the whole content when it becomes boring.
    [B][COLOR="Purple"]Maria Jarel[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="Black"] Partnerships Executive[/COLOR] |[COLOR="Green"] Logoinn.com [/COLOR]| [COLOR="DimGray"]The Art for Business
    [/COLOR]

do you read and/or take action on the affiliate newsletters that come to you through SAS and CJ?
    This thread is about the newsletters that affiliate managers and networks send to affiliates, not some ezine.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread