do you engage more than affiliate manager?
    I am just curious. do you engage more than one affiliate manager for your website? If so, why? If not, would you consider doing that in the future?

tks!

Andy

Merchants hire affiliate managers to manage their affiliate programs, not their website and it would be silly to hire more than one.

+1

Also, I doubt you'd find another manager who would go along with this, not to mention losing your first one. Both managers would be fighting over the same sales and affiliates-not a good situation. If your current AM isn't performing to expectations, talk with them or replace them.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

...and just when you think you've found the definitive answer: Football Fanatics - Welcome Wade Tonkin!
    -rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Many large merchants have several people involved in running their program, but there has to be one "manager" in charge, to whom the others report and to make final decisions.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

To an extent we do. Our actual affiliate manager (not me!) does all the business side of things, and then I keep in touch with some of our larger affiliates for the brand I specifically work with. My goal is to try and bring them promotions for their specific market segment they work with, introduce new sales ideas, solve any problems... etc.

Like AffiliateHound said: It is quite common to have more than one person working to manage a program and very different from having more than one manager. A team of people managing isn't the same as multiple managers.

http and a telephoto
    Inhouse: You can have a team that has one person in charge and the others work with that person. Many large companies have this set up.

Outsourced: A couple of times a merchant has asked us about managing "part" of their program and another OPM managing another part, we only did that once, with clear understanding of what each firm did, and we announced it as such. The other scenario is that they want one manager running one network and a different one running another network, that doesn't work at all and we won't work with a company in that situation.

The key to affiliate managing is communication, both within the company and with the affiliates. If there is one person managing GAN and one person managing Shareasale and one person managing CPA networks - that will generally fail on an outsourced basis, including letting the networks manage your affiliate programs separately for you. If you have that setup within a company, then it will work with VERY GOOD communication among the team and not competition within for compensation.

Better to have one person in charge and the others work together with them.

Also when a company hires an OPM they might have someone inhouse that works with the OPM, some companies have the OPM manage everything and others have the OPM manage what they don't want to (split responsibilities). Again, with good communication that is fine.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Interesting proposition, employ one OPM for say Shareasale and one for Google. They get paid for their network program only. I like the idea if the program makes sense.

Thank you for all your advise and I think to put one manager in charge makes a lot of sense.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Interesting proposition, employ one OPM for say Shareasale and one for Google. They get paid for their network program only. I like the idea if the program makes sense.
    How do you coordinate program compliance and communication if two totally different firms are handling each network? Our contract states we manage all networks, so that we are sure all networks are working "on the same page" as far as approvals and types of affiliates the program is going to work with. If a company isn't confident that an OPM can handle all their affiliate management needs then they shouldn't hire them.

Of course a better solution is to be on just one network, but some companies are already set up on multiple networks when they bring an OPM on board.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread