Affiliate Marketing in South Africa
    In South Africa we only have two giant affiliate companies who are monopolizing the underdeveloped industry. I will not mention their names as you won't miss them on search engines. My website Phuze'mthonjeni - Free Employment and Small Business Opportunities is suspended by both giants with clickfraud. It has been almost a month now and no are is prepared to tell me the outcome of their investigation.

I am new in affiliate marketing, where do one go when one is not happy with the service one gets from affiliate company?
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; December 3rd, 2010 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Unlinked - Please do not use live links to your website.

Have you tried doing something on your own or outsourcing for some help?

Thank you for your response Nick.
    As I said I am new in the industry. I have tried every internal avenue with no joy.
    The reason I posted this is to find out what can I do after I have exhausted all internal channels?
    My understand is that the working agreement is between Affiliate and affiliate manager. If there was enough competition in the market I wouldn't be writing this as I would have gone to the next Affiliate manager. Alternatively, if there was enough competition I wouldn't be writing this as the service I am getting would have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by Thembadl View Post
    My website ..... is suspended by both giants with clickfraud. It has been almost a month now and no are is prepared to tell me the outcome of their investigation.
    Thembadl, it's hard to believe that the only 2 networks available have both suspended you for the same offense if there wasn't at least the appearance of impropriety. I'm not accusing you of anything, but I would suggest that you review how you are generating traffic and insure that you are within the network's terms.

If you can show each network how you were generating your clicks and that those clicks were within their guidelines then perhaps you can make a good argument for reinstatement.

Quote Originally Posted by Thembadl View Post
    My understand is that the working agreement is between Affiliate and affiliate manager. If there was enough competition in the market I wouldn't be writing this as I would have gone to the next Affiliate manager.
    I'm not familiar with the networks in South Africa, however networks in the US DO have minimal standards and quality controls that help them police non-compliant affiliates and merchants. Here in the US, you must agree to the networks terms and be approved prior to applying to a merchant's program. You then must abide by both sets of terms; the network's and the merchant's once approved.

The good news is that suspension generally means a temporary interruption. If that's the case, it would mean that you should be reinstated at some point in the future. However, if the traffic that you were sending was unacceptable up to this point, I doubt that very little will change unless you've modified your processes or traffic sources. Unless something changes you will likely be permanently removed from the networks.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Thank you for your response Rematt.
    Yes you are right, there might be something I am doing wrong. As I said, I am new in Affiliate, I have been doing what I interpret as right according to the rules and regulation.
    The problem is that no one is prepared to tell me what I am doing wrong so that I can change it.
    I like the good news part as I am battling, there is almost nothing to sell.

Just a thought, is there a program in this forum with strong South African products?

Maybe try some of the larger networks, they offer more international merchants. Or try looking at the websites of major merchants in your area to see if they offer an affiliate program you could sign up with?

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread