A Great Avantlink Merchant Story
    Popped 3 sales this week with a merchant that we've developed a very good relationship with that looked a little on the "uh oh, one of their customer service reps has our cookie going" side.

I dropped my contact a note with a heads up and he confirmed. They had come to our site to read a piece we did then clicked through to their own website through one of our links.

However, he took the high road, kept the commissions in place, and went about figuring a way to prevent it from happening in the future.

These days, it's getting hard to find a good merchant/affiliate relationship story on the hallowed pages that is ABW. So I just thought I'd share as proof that with some work, some trust, and some value on your website, you can still have a great Win/Win affiliate relationship.

Kudos to my new favorite merchant, who shall remain a secret for the time being
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    That is great to hear they honored the commissions anyway.

Kevin, if you want to shoot me an email to let me know who that merchant is, I can help them be sure that won't happen again. We have an IP address restriction setting they can use to restrict sales from posting from their office IP address(es).

GM

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread