Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Thumbs up AvantLink Affiliate Tools Overview
    Thought this was worth sharing at ABW. Recently we updated our site & blog, and now we plan to overhaul the support documentation, screencasts, etc. (they are all valid now, just in the old site skin).

We will also pick up more on the education/webinar activity in 2010, so watch for those. Thanks to our Affiliates who are driving a huge Q4 for our merchants!

Affiliate Tools Overview

OK, thanks for all the good stuff regarding the various tools.

I clicked that Affiliate Tools Overview and found a useful listing of your tools -- and wanted to know more about the "Contextual Ad Tool." But it's one of the few tools you have no "More Info..." link to, and I failed to find info when I searched that site with the search field.

Any support documentation, screencasts, etc., about this specific tool? Or is it one of the things coming in 2010? Thanks!
    Generate more fake news.

Hey Gary, glad you find that doc/post helpful. You're right there are no support docs or screencasts for the Contextual Ad Tool, but here is how we describe it on the "Tools" page.. and in the tool configuration form.

"Build a tool that can scan your web pages for keywords and automatically search for relevant ads from your merchants."

"This tool allows you to create a JavaScript request for ads that are most relevant to the content of a given page. The content of the page making the request will be automatically scanned for keywords/keyphrases, and that information will be used to search for the most appropriate ads to display."

If you want to mess around with it it's on the "Tools" page under "Ad/Link Tools".

Gary M
    Last edited by GravityFed; December 4th, 2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: add info

Oh and BTW, we will try and make sure to get some documentation and/or screencasts out there this next year for the Contextual Ad Tool

Thanks, Gary. I've been fiddling around with that contextual tool a little bit. Will try to get a better look at it tomorrow.
    Generate more fake news.

Just realized -- I haven't been paying adequate attention!! -- that there are some really, REALLY worthwhile screencasts and other goodies that have been added to the "Support" section of the AvantLink.com site.

I just went over the two screencasts for using the Web Service Datafeed Client tools. Very, very helpful and to the point.

As someone who "whined" about wanting such stuff for the last couple of years, my apologies to Gary and the whole AvantLink crew for not getting to that and applauding it sooner. I tip my hat to you, good people --

And also, a big

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

Thanks for that, Gary. We'll actually be revamping all the screencasts soon.. so they can be in our new site skin. And of course so we can add new screencasts.

Also, our new employee Chad will be conducting weekly webinars on various topics starting soon.

Affiliate Network Rep Chad-AvantLink's Avatar
    Glad to hear they were of help to you, Gary. Hope to see you on a few of those live webinars when they start.

Problem
    Avantlink is a scam and they are unethical scumbags.They deleted my account and did not give me any reason.Also their support sucks.Stay away.

Nice. That's a real productive way to get some assistance. I would have asked you to email me your info so I could look into the situation, but don't bother.

BTW we do not deactivate accounts unless there is a terms violation.. so it's likely you never completed the application process/ownership authentication, so you were never active. Either that or you didn't qualify in the first place.

Good luck, Gary M

11. Thanks From:

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread