Question Groupon Affiliate - It's very confusing system.
    It's very confusing system.
    You ask to register with Commission Junction, from there you should wait "Groupon Pending Applications".(How long), the same time you can register for IPA code and use "Publisher ID Code from Commission Junction", but it's "Pending Applications" on Commission Junction, than you getting a widget, and it's "auto detect city", but most of my visitors form Canada, Russia and Italy(in this countries they speak on different languages), I have over 100 sites, and traffic there from different countries, I like to show all my visitors different deals(how "is it auto cities detect gonna do it", it's no explanation),
    but for now I have to use Google ads, it's way better developed system.

I hope I'll get a answer, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by free352 View Post
    It's very confusing system.
    You ask to register with Commission Junction, from there you should wait "Groupon Pending Applications".(How long), the same time you can register for IPA code and use "Publisher ID Code from Commission Junction", but it's "Pending Applications" on Commission Junction, than you getting a widget, and it's "auto detect city", but most of my visitors form Canada, Russia and Italy(in this countries they speak on different languages), I have over 100 sites, and traffic there from different countries, I like to show all my visitors different deals(how "is it auto cities detect gonna do it", it's no explanation),
    but for now I have to use Google ads, it's way better developed system.

I hope I'll get a answer, thank you.
    If most of your visitors are from outside of the US, then why are you trying to promote an affiliate program targeted at US cities? Groupon doesn't have Canada/Russia/Italy deals, only deals in certain US cities.

Groupon also has text links to specific cities.

If your idea was to replace AdSense with Groupon affiliate ads, I have a feeling you don't quite understand affiliate programs, or what Groupon is.

Groupon does have several Canadian cities included, but outside the US and Canada, it would be a waste of your efforts.

If you applied during the weekend, plan to wait until Monday at least for acceptance.

Thanks 2busy & Joshua!

@Free- Definitely appreciate your patience in the approval process. We try our hardest to get people approved as quickly as possible, but sometimes we do get behind. If you'd like-my email is below-send me a personal email and I'll look into your application.

In regards to the cities we feature. Groupon is an international company, however, the affiliate program you applied for on Comission Junction, is only for North America (Canada and USA). If you would like to promote any countries outside of that realm, I definitely recommend you check out our Affiliate Program for Europe (which is run by our awesome team over there- Partner Program.

If you have any additional questions-send them over when you write to me about your application. Please make sure you include your CID- it will make it much easier for me to find you.

Thanks
    Last edited by GeekGalJuj; December 6th, 2010 at 07:27 AM.
    Julia Kozuck-Hochstein
    Head of Affiliate Marketing- Zoro.com
    affiliate@zoro.com

Non Specific City Deal Aff Link
    Groupon provides affiliate link promotions that are not city specific and should technically be able to show the website visitor deals based on their city of origin if that city is currently a Groupon participant.

I've attempted to create a generic, non specific city deal link as provided from within Commission Junction. However, when the link is clicked, it goes to San Diego and not the visitor's city of origin.

I would like to promote at this time using non city specific banners and links.

Is anyone able to help with this?

Sunshinegirl
    Last edited by sunshinegirl; December 6th, 2010 at 05:47 PM.

Hi Sunshinegirl,
    Probably the best thing for you to do would be to use our dynamic banners, these are generic Groupon banners that don't display any particular city, but when we run a very big national deal (Gap, Nordstrom Rack, etc.), they update to reflect the national deal.

You can locate them by logging into CJ and grabbing the following banners:

300x250: 10769819
    125x125: 10788552
    200x165: 10817432
    120x90: 10769815

Alternately, you can choose any banner within our inventory, and update the landing page to point to Learn About Groupon. To do this, when you click "Get HTML," you'll see a Destination URL field in the popup window. Just change the URL in that field to Learn About Groupon, and click "Update Code."

That way, our site will automatically detect your user's location and display the most relevant deal.

Does that help?
    best,
    Carolyn Tang Kmet
    AllInclusiveMarketing.com
    carolyn-at-allinclusivemarketing.com

Hi Carolyn,

The banner, 120x90: 10769815 which you suggested in your reply is the very same banner that I have on my site already at (url removed, I got it )

This link does not detect the city.

Would you mind clicking the banner and text links located on my blog and please tell me what city you see when you click the link above?

They are both supposed to be generic non specific city links.

Thanks.
    Last edited by CTanK; December 7th, 2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: please don't include URLs in your posts, feel free to email me directly if you want me to check something :)

Hm, it's working right for me...I see Chicago. It may display another city if you were looking at deals in another city on your last visit? That's easy enough though, just change your city back to your hometown and it should work fine. The idea is that we show you what you were last looking at, and if you never looked at anything, we'll show you the deal based on your location.

Go ahead and email me directly if you still need help.
    best,
    Carolyn Tang Kmet
    AllInclusiveMarketing.com
    carolyn-at-allinclusivemarketing.com

No problem. I sent an email to Julia yesterday but did not get a reply.

Also, I'm located in Atlanta Ga and have not looked at any deals in San Diego, which is where both the text link and banner which is the destination the link goes to when clicked.

I'm sitting right next to Julia She was out-of-pocket for the last few days, so she's still catching up on emails. I'll let her connect with you directly!

Hi Sunshinegirl-

Like Carolyn said- I've been off and on the past few days, while visiting family. Back in the office now, and can't see your email. I am catching up on a bunch, but if you'd prefer, resend me an email referencing your user name here on the forum. That should help me get back in touch with you!

Julia
    Julia Kozuck-Hochstein
    affiliate@zoro.com

Can u promote on more than one site using the api id?

When signing up for an api id it asks for the site that you are going to promote,however I want to be able to promote using a widget on many of my blogs.

Thanks

Hi Wishmaster-

Go ahead an apply with your primary site and you should be good to go!
    Julia Kozuck-Hochstein
    affiliate@zoro.com

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread