How to open CJ datafeed in Excel?
    Now the question I have is once you have it open and you try to open it in excel for viewing.

What options are you meant to pick so that everything is in its columns as when i try it all messes up and doesnt fit into columns

That depends on how you have saved it. The default is a .txt file (AFAIK) so try renaming it as .csv and see if that helps. I use OPenOffice (FREE!) instead of Excel so I can't help much more than general suggestions.

Another suggestion is to start a new thread when you have a new question so people can see your question and offer some help.

Their was a free tool suggested here about 3 years ago that worked like excel to open and edit datafeeds that worked great (Much better then excel). It was on a page created by an affiliate manager or merchant. I search in the past for the name of the program without luck. Does anyone remember??
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Oh yes, I think I know the one you mean, I need to check my records or do a few searches here (??) maybe find the link to it.

This tool is from AMWSO and was posted in 2005. http://www.amwso.com/affiliate_tools.php
    Last edited by 2busy; December 6th, 2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: added link to AMWSO's page

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by easylife View Post
    Now the question I have is once you have it open and you try to open it in excel for viewing.

What options are you meant to pick so that everything is in its columns as when i try it all messes up and doesnt fit into columns
    try right-clicking on the filename and choosing "open with" and Excel. should work.
    Last edited by Herb ԿԬ; December 6th, 2010 at 03:52 PM.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread