Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Payments delayed..?
    What's up with Linkshare payments right now..?

I saw a note for a couple of weeks that payment reports were broken for October, but I didn't take that to mean we wouldn't get paid.

In Advertiser Payment History, it still shows all of October 2010 as "Awaiting Payment" and November is nothing but "-".

Anyone else seeing same? Not a very nice problem going into holiday season.. commission payments are considered salary for some of us..

good luck. that is always one of the scary issues of dealing w/linkshare. i've waited as many as 8 months for payment back when I did a lot with them (2007 or so).

What happened to the person who inputs "Awaiting Payment" and dates paid?
    This happened, once, approximately 14 months ago. Then, it was OK, until several months ago. Disregarding the problem(s) LS had with their October Database, the past several months, there have been delays (sometimes long) for them to show in the Publisher interface "Awaiting Payment". And, then, delays for them to show there the date they received the payment from the Merchant (Advertiser).

For one of my merchants, I know that my AM authorized payment to LS early in November (for October 2010) and then sent her check to LS. On 30 November, LS began to show "Awaiting Payment" in the Publisher interface.

She was asked to authorize her payments to Publishers, again, last week, which she had already done, 2 or 3 weeks before, for October 2010.

She wrote to me, yesterday, that she spoke with her LS rep., last Friday, and was told that her Affiliates will be paid, by LinkShare, today, 07 December 2010, for October 2010.

Still showing "Awaiting Payment" for October 2010, although she sent her check to LS, weeks ago.

Another merchant began showing "Awaiting Payment" for October 2010, yesterday, 06 December 2010.

Did LS fire the person whose job it was to enter this information, manually, into the database, or, is this a glitch in the LS system, something that the LS computers should do, automatically?

Once I see in the Publisher interface that they have received payments, LS in excellent about sending my Direct Deposits. :-)

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All,

There are quite a few questions regarding the LinkShare payment process. Let me start off by saying that we do and always have tried to pay publishers as fast as possible. Every now and then there might be some minor glitches regarding specific payments that have always been resolved.

In general, LinkShare's policy is that we pay the publishers within 7 days of receiving payments from Advertisers in the US, Uk & Can network. We started sending out weekly payments a few years ago and I don't think we have missed a week since then. We don't have payment thresholds higher than 1 dollar unless the publisher specifies it within the interface.

The basic process is that we Invoice our Advertiser partners. Once that Advertiser approves and pays LinkShare we then pay the publishers.

The confusion that has occurred in the past that Lanny touched upon is that the Advertiser approves the payment to be sent by their accounting teams however the payment does not get to LinkShare until a few weeks later. This happens because there is some processing time between when the Advertiser approves/authorizes the payment and when the payment is actually received by LinkShare. There are some advertisers who pay by check via snail mail so that prolongs it further. For those Advertisers that electronically send the funds to LinkShare it gets to us much more quickly and ideally we would want Advertisers to send us payments electronically if possible. After we receive the payment it takes LinkShare a day or so to process that payment internally and then payments are sent to the publishers soon after.

During all this processing time Publishers may reach out to the Advertisers where the Advertiser contact may say that they have already paid LinkShare and that is where the disconnect happens.

Once again, this is what happens the majority of the time. There is absolutely no benefit to LinkShare in holding publishers money.

OTProf: If you can PM me your specific issue I will try to address it separately since this may have been a very specific issue. Just keep in mind our policy is that we pay publisher soon after we receive payments from Advertisers.

With all this said, there were some October payment reporting discrepancies for both Publishers and Advertisers. All the issues have been resolved and you should expect a majority of the payments from Advertisers who have paid us to be sent to you this week and next week.

We are always looking for ways in improving our payment process to make payment to our publishers as fast as possible.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any further questions via PM.

--Ranae

Hi Ranae, thanks for the detailed response..

For me, I'm ok with periodic delays - I understand it's a more complicated process, and there can be system issues. Your explanation is clear, and I wouldn't assume a delay is deliberate.

What concerns me is the lack of notification... and why I have to find these things out in a discussion forum.

I did see a vague advisory in the interface about discrepancies in payment reports, but that didn't mention anything about payment delays. And it's worth mentioning that advisory disappeared last week.

So affiliates like me are left wondering..

I've said this before (and it applies to all networks) - just tell us what's going on. Commissions are salary to me..

@Ranae and @OTProf
    @Ranae
    First of all, I deeply appreciate your participation here and I'm sure the others feel the same way. Thank you, for helping us!

For one merchant, who places a very high priority on paying LS early each month, so her affiliates will be paid quickly, this is what is currently showing, in the LS Publisher interface for recent payments:

Advertiser Payment History:
    July 2010 = 08/12/2010
    August 2010 = 09/21/2010
    September 2010 = 10/20/2010
    October 2010 = Awaiting Payment
    Above as of 630 A.M., E.S.T., 08 December 2010

She does send a check to LS via Snail Mail and I sent her the URL for this thread and possibly she will change that to Electronic payment, after reading your comments in this thread.

This is from an email sent to me on Monday, 06 December 2010, by the AM:
    "On Friday, my LS rep told me that
    checks would be sent to my publishers tomorrow (the 7th). Let's watch
    for that this week!"

I know, positively, that on at least one occasion, the AM has had her canceled check, when LS was still showing "Awaiting Payment".

I do not recall if it was her LS rep who told her recently, or you, here in this forum, that posting advertiser payments received, into the system, is not a high priority of LS.

I believe that should be a very high priority.

My belief is that something has gone awry (I have no problem with the issues LS had with the October database delaying payment for October 2010) with:

(a) long delays, before LS shows "Awaiting Payment" for a particular month
    (b) then, a long delay, before LS shows they have received the Advertisers payment

Once LS shows they have received the Advertisers payment, my experience is that LS pays me, very quickly. :-)

I don't know if a LS employee is tasked with inputting this information, manually, into the LS system, or, if it is something that should be done automatically, by the system, but it is not getting done promptly.

This did happen, for one month, during the 2nd half of 2009, but, now, it seems to be routine.

Ranae, after I post this, I will try to send you a PM, with the SID and Advertser ID.

@OTProf: If you waited months, for payments from LS, I believe it was because the merchant did not pay LS.

Cordially, Lanny

Anyone see payments yet..?

Again, it's not the system issue I have a problem with, it's the lack of notification that a delay even exists.

The "reporting issue" announcement didn't specify to affiliates that their payments would be delayed.

Smile now showing payment received ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    Again, it's not the system issue I have a problem with, it's the lack of notification that a delay even exists.
    The "reporting issue" announcement didn't specify to affiliates that their payments would be delayed.
    No payments yet, but huge progress, yesterday and today. :-) Yesterday, I saw that they showed in the LS Publisher interface they had received payment from one advertiser.

A few minutes ago (Friday, 10 December 2010), I saw that they show they received payment from the Advertiser I wrote about in this thread, today. God knows when LS actually received it.......

That Advertiser authorized payment for November and mailed her check to LS yesterday and I believe starting with December 2010, she will switch to paying LS electronically, as Ranae suggested in this thread.

Based on my previous experience with LS, I am virtually positive LS will initiate Direct Deposits to me, for both advertisers, next week. :-)

Thumbs up Two Direct Deposits were sent to me on 10 December 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    After I replied to you earlier, I just went back into the LS Publisher interface again.

They now show that they initiated Direct Deposits to me, today, for both merchants, for October 2010.

It takes 3 or 4 banking days for Direct Deposits to banks in the USA to finalize, but, the $ is on the way now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
    After I replied to you earlier, I just went back into the LS Publisher interface again.

They now show that they initiated Direct Deposits to me, today, for both merchants, for October 2010.

It takes 3 or 4 banking days for Direct Deposits to banks in the USA to finalize, but, the $ is on the way now.
    It's nice to see someone is getting paid. I'm still showing "Awaiting Payment" on my advertisers and those no light at the end of the tunnel for the direct deposit. I sent two emails to Linkshare and they simply ignored them. The thing is that I'm also on Commission Junction. The programs I use are on both Linkshare and Commission Junction. Generally, I think Linkshare reporting is more accurate which is why I've used them for the duplicate programs. However, the frustration of not getting responses to inquiries, late payments, errors, late payments (important enough to repeat) etc. is making me lean towards just using Commission Junction. Commission Junction has been extremely reliable with their payments.

Hi All,

I am glad that you began getting payments again and apologize for any delays. I do understand that for many publishers this is their business and their livelihood so they heavily rely on networks to pay in a timely manner.

Lanny: I haven't read your PM yet but will get to it after this post.

jtracy: I am assuming you contacted us via our help form in the link below. If you did can you tell me the incident/case numbers that was given to you. I can investigate from there. Also if you can PM me your SID & email address you sent the email from I can look into it that way as well.

http://helpcenter.linkshare.com/publisher/contact.php

--Ranae
    Last edited by LinkShare Moderator; December 13th, 2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Forgot to add link

I haven't seen any change in my payment status... nothing has been initiated. And I seem to be missing a chunk of commission in SynergyAnalytics for which I have an open ticket.
    Last edited by teezone; December 13th, 2010 at 11:32 AM.

teezone,

I just sent you a PM regarding this. I think this needs further investigation that I can help you with.

--Ranae

Ranae,

The first two inquiries I sent were through Payment Inquiries, not support. I received nothing back. After your post I sent a message through support and today heard back from them saying they still haven't gotten payment from my main advertiser (Match.com). I contacted Match.com back again and they said that due to the error on your end, it caused a delay in payments and they won't be making their October payment until this Friday. So if they pay you this Friday then that means it won't be until sometime next week before I get paid, right?

Hi jtracy,

Depending on when we receive the payment, we usually pay within 7 days. Our accounting team basically pays publishers all the money we have received from the different Advertisers. So if we receive Match.com payment before the payment is sent out this week, then we will pay it this week.

--Ranae

They told me they are wire transferring the mass payment for all publishers to you on Friday. Don't know if that will be soon enough to get out this week, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Linkshare payments delayed?
    nm - new thread
    Last edited by davidh; December 14th, 2010 at 07:38 PM.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Not even a "payment sent" here yet. Apparently none of my merchants (of any sizable amount) have paid yet.

UK payment hasn't been processed yet either.

Has anyone ever received a general advisory from the network that payments would even be delayed? I'm not talking about a brief notice of "reporting discrepancies"...
    Last edited by teezone; December 14th, 2010 at 07:40 PM.

Apparently none of my merchants (of any sizable amount) have paid yet.
    I've been having the same problem with some of my LS merchants for over a year now. The payments due never appear as "awaiting payment" in the merchant payment history reports. For some merchants, I am getting paid for some months and not for others, and for one merchant in particular I haven't gotten paid in about a year even though I've generated commissions every month with them. I just thank my lucky stars that LS revenues don't represent any meaningful portion of my overall income.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Rather than my normal direct deposit, LinkShare issued a check for my last payment. I have to think that LinkShare had some sort of system issues getting things processed, based on getting the check instead of direct deposits, and some vague statements that were made in emails with my rep (though I didn't ask for clarification, so that might just be my bias).

@Joshua - did you change mailing address or bank data?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Rather than my normal direct deposit, LinkShare issued a check for my last payment. I have to think that LinkShare had some sort of system issues getting things processed, based on getting the check instead of direct deposits, and some vague statements that were made in emails with my rep (though I didn't ask for clarification, so that might just be my bias).
    Did you change your mailing address, bank data, or something else, with LS?

I changed my mailing address last year and also the name of my bank changed (but not my bank account number or routing number). When I did that, LS took me off Direct Deposit and they mailed 1 or 2 checks to me. After those checks were deposited, LS resumed Direct Deposits to me.

Looks like payments are delayed AGAIN. This is the third time in four months that payments have not arrived on time. Match.com and Chemistry.com (owned by the same company) are my two main advertisers. They blame Linkshare for the consistent delays. They still haven't made November payments. Hopefully things can return to normal soon. Any insight into what's going on this time?

@jtracy call LS or send them an email
    @jtracy I don't recall if it was you or someone else who reported, recently, that Match.com wasn't paying LS promptly. There are two (2) possibilities here:

(a) LinkShare has not received the payments from those advertisers or

(b) LinkShare has not credited payments from those advertisers in their system
    (I've noticed this, a number of times, recently, with an Advertiser who promptly pays LS, with a check, early each month).

LS has a toll free number and you can also use their web form to contact them. There is a Sticky thread above in the LS sub forum, with that contact information.

I received payments for November 2010 from LS, in December. So far, they are not showing "Awaiting Payment" for December 2010. GL

Quote Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
    @jtracy I don't recall if it was you or someone else who reported, recently, that Match.com wasn't paying LS promptly. There are two (2) possibilities here:

(a) LinkShare has not received the payments from those advertisers or

(b) LinkShare has not credited payments from those advertisers in their system
    (I've noticed this, a number of times, recently, with an Advertiser who promptly pays LS, with a check, early each month).

LS has a toll free number and you can also use their web form to contact them. There is a Sticky thread above in the LS sub forum, with that contact information.

I received payments for November 2010 from LS, in December. So far, they are not showing "Awaiting Payment" for December 2010. GL
    I used to be promptly paid by Match.com and Chemistry.com. However, three out of the last four months (including this month) they have been late big time. I've talked to both Match.com (who owns Chemistry.com) and Linkshare. Match.com blames Linkshare for all the lateness due to "invoicing issues". Linkshare says it had invoicing issues one month and that's it. I'm starting to think Match.com is using it as an excuse for multiple late payments when the much-talked about invoicing issue only affected one month.

Both Match.com and Chemistry.com are still showing "awaiting payment" for November (and now December too even though that payment isn't due yet).

For August payments Match.com was 20 days late in paying. For October they were 16 days late and who knows how late they'll be for November since the clock is still ticking.

@jtracy contact LS
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracy View Post
    <snip> I'm starting to think Match.com is using it as an excuse for multiple late payments when the much-talked about invoicing issue only affected one month.

Both Match.com and Chemistry.com are still showing "awaiting payment" for November (and now December too even though that payment isn't due yet).
    @jtracy Again, I strongly suggest you contact LinkShare. It is Saturday, so if it were me, I would send them an email. Once or twice, to my astonishment, someone from LS replied to me on a Sunday. :-)

If not, call LS on their toll free phone number, on Monday.

Yes, for October, there were issues with the LS Database and it took them about 2 weeks to check that out.

I have an Advertiser who pays LS by check. She has already sent LS her check for December, although on the Publisher interface, I do not see "Awaiting Payment" for December.

There have been issues, in recent months, with LS not showing in their system, in the Publisher interface, that those checks have been received, promptly. I believe that is necessary, before LS will pay the Publishers.

Again, there are two (2) possibilities with regard to Match.com and Chemistry.com (a) They have not paid LS or (b) LS has not updated their system, to show those payments were received. GL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast