Any other cheap domain registrat you can recommend other than registerfly and godaddy?

I know a few that offer dirt cheap such as $5.50 but their order is not instant and they don't have a control panel to let you manage ALL the domain names easily.

Cheap domain registrar with good control panel and instant registration? Any?

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    "other than Registerfly"???

Registerfly has got one of the worst names in the business.

Google "registerfly" and "sucks" sometime.

http://stopunifiednames.com/

enom is pretty good if you can afford to be a "reseller"
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Try Namecheap.com we've registered quite a few domains there and they've been ok - $8.88 and they take Paypal

ABW Ambassador
    Click on domains in the menu bar here. That is wildwest backed - which is godaddy's reseller program. So you get low prices and phone support etc - they now even accept pay-pal.

And you give a few pennies to Haiko.

Not bad deal all the way around.

CHet

Ditto what Chet said..

I resell for WW also and my clients have had very good feedback when they needed to deal with the support staff there..

I've found domainsite to be helpful and reliable. I would NOT recommend dotregistrar.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

I like traffic lights
    I would not recommebnd wildwest to anyone. I bought a name off someone - cost me $150 - wildwest would not let him transfer it to me because of some clause in a contract. The name gets deleted today :^(

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Drewbert:
    I would not recommebnd wildwest to anyone. I bought a name off someone - cost me $150 - wildwest would not let him transfer it to me because of some clause in a contract. The name gets deleted today :^( <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this recent? I've transferred domains thru my wildwest reseller account for free....or was this a WS?
    Somoa (the WS registrant) doesn't allow transfers.
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

I like traffic lights
    It was a dot com.

ABW Ambassador
    You do no transfer purchased domains, but push them. All you have to do is setup an account with that reseller and you are all set, they can push it to you.

Everyone has restrictions on actual transfers that are too close to the expire date, but that should not have affected you - unless it was in hold status, then $8 would have fixed that.

Chet

I like traffic lights
    Late last year.

A dot com.

I like traffic lights
    No, I refuse to set up an account at places like wildwest (or registerfly) due to the many problems friends have had with them.

Transfer, as a way of changing ownership, is very common. It's been around longer than the ability to push domains between accounts at a registrar. I accept pushes at enom and dotster. I accept pushes at godaddy (and immediately pull the name out). Any other registrars, I only accept transfer to my opensrs account.

ABW Ambassador
    But I don't know of any service that lets you transfer domains within 30 days of their renewal. So you would have had these issues with whatever service you use.

And you don't have to pay to create an account, you simply signup, then when you get the domain you can choose to stay and renew, or after 30 days move on. Really this is not a Wildwest issue, but an issue with how domain names work. I have bought hundreds of domains and have probably 50 accounts around the various services, it is what you have to do before you transfer to your main account.

Chet

I like traffic lights
    well it's 60 days not 30.

And if you think I'm going to set up 50 accounts at registrars and let some of them include me on their customer list, then you're VERY sadly mistaken. :^)

And it WAS a wildwest issue because the name was about 150 days old, and was NOT locked at the registry. Wildwest just refused the transfer attempts whenever they showed up (multiple attempts). Complaint emails to the service centre was met with "not our problem" replies.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread