2011 Predictions!
    Anyone have any ideas where Affilate marketing is headed in the New Year? Predictions?

If the economy keeps going like it is while the Fed continues to buy treasury bonds and print money out of thin air the "survival gear" niche could explode as well as anything having to do with trading greenbacks for gold or silver. It doesn't look like the job market is going to recover anytime soon so the job search, resume writing niche should maintain strength provided apathy doesn't set in.

Coincidentally, in his blog today, Geno Prussakov posted 35 predictions for 2011. They were contributed by a group of industry professionals and the post can be read at 35 Affiliate Marketing Predictions for 2011. A couple of the contributors occasionally post at ABW and one has a forum here.

heh - I particularly like the third bullet point contributed by Sharon Mostyn in Geno's post.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    If the economy keeps going like it is while the Fed continues to buy treasury bonds and print money out of thin air the "survival gear" niche could explode as well as anything having to do with trading greenbacks for gold or silver. It doesn't look like the job market is going to recover anytime soon so the job search, resume writing niche should maintain strength provided apathy doesn't set in.
    Bingo, had a record month with FoodInsurance.com which ended its affiliate program today! My prediction is that many will try affiliate marketing and many will end their programs in the first year due to trademark poaching, lack of transparency and couponer generating sales when there are no coupons. That was the case with FI. I have another merchant who will end their program after the 6 month network contract because source referrers are stripped off by the affiliates.

I do believe that precious metal programs will do well as a friend who is a successful day trader tells me it took off this year.

I also believe that more merchants will launch affiliate programs than ever before because this is a rev share model with lower upfront risk than almost any other marketing channel. But, it will take smart OPM's to make them work.

I believe that in 2011 bloggers & MLM will merge with Affiliate Marketing.

I also predict that someone will create a new technology that will combat parasites, adware and give full transparency. It will cause a paradigm shift and save us all!
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; December 17th, 2010 at 12:34 AM.

Aside from the shudders a couple of your predictions sent down my spine, I hate to hear FI closed their program. I was thinking about them today and realized I should have put them on a blog of mine. Figured I'd do it in January as a 'new years resolutions' to be prepared.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Email me at chuck at hamrick.biz and I will give you a referral to another program.

hey... what's up with increasing taxes and VAT in EU region (Specifically in UK) does Affiliate Marketing Industry is exempt from such deductions?

Hope it wouldnt suck out the blood completely :'(
    Last edited by craigstephen; December 22nd, 2010 at 12:22 AM.
    [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]Craig Stephen[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://Logoinn.com/affiliate-program"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"][B][SIZE="1"]Logoinn.com[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://Logodesign247.com"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][B][URL="http://www.logodesign247.com/affiliate/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logodesign247.com[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL][/SIZE]
    [EMAIL="affiliate@logoinn.com"][SIZE="2"]Contact Us[/SIZE][/EMAIL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=30741"][COLOR="Black"]Full [B]PPC[/B] Allowed / [B]30%[/B] flat commission / Unlimited Cookies [/COLOR][[B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logo Design[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]24/7[/B][/COLOR]][/URL][/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Online sales are still strong and any decline should be smaller than brick and mortar declines.

The elephant in the room is the national debt. If our lovely leaders would address it we might turn the corner. But I am not holding my breathe.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Gottlieb View Post
    The elephant in the room is the national debt. If our lovely leaders would address it we might turn the corner. But I am not holding my breathe.
    They HAVE addressed it. The bipartisan "Middle Class" Tax Relief Act of 2010 passed last week by Congress and signed into law by the President, adds $900 Billion to the federal deficit.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I should have added how this effects the national debt: The Congressional Budget Office has estimated that the tax-cut extensions included in the Act would eventually add $3.3 Trillion to the national debt including $66 Billion for interest and debt service costs to borrow the funds deeded to meet the deficit increases.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

http and a telephoto
    I predict that with better education available to merchants they will build better programs with T&C and clearer policies on manual approval that will empower AMs and OPMs to not allow the types of affiliates into programs that do the things the merchant doesn't want.

I do also predict the birth of a network or two to address niche markets.

I also predict that more and better communication avenues used appropriately will give both affiliates and merchants more common ground, shrinking the void that makes them feel like they are at odds with each other.

I predict that it's time for merchants to start appreciating the value of the affiliate channel, they just need to have appropriate expectations and policies right from the start.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I predict that affiliate marketing will see one of it's best recent year of year growth rates in 2011.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I predict that I'm finally going to reach a 6 figure year <-----Please oh Please oh Please come true!!!

i think this year technological products will rock. we all have already noticed that due to increasing popularity of affiliate marketing thousands of betrayer has entered in this area and i think this year for this reason people will suffer more. strong steps should be taken to protect this problem.

I would expect no surprise in the current year on affiliate market. It will go on as it was before for I am very optimistic about this business.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread