Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trust Factor - CJ, Linkshare and Advantlink
    In order of trust, and based on payments you have received and your overall experience

How do you rate these 3 companies? ( you will notice i dont mention shareasale or google affiliate network and that is because those guys rock! no qualms there )

Here is my rating

CJ
    Linkshare - Advantalink

Both linkshare and advantlink are at the bottom of the pile for me, linkshare for the life of me i find clunky, not as easy to use as cj and tracking aint worth much..what about you?
    Last edited by easylife; December 9th, 2010 at 11:59 AM.

Avantlink (+)
    CJ (-)
    LS (-)
    GAN (--) (Long payment delay to receive commission is crazy.)
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I do not use Avantlink.

CJ - No problem with Payments and has the best reporting

SAS - Also as far as payment go SAS is just a good as CJ

PJ - are ok

GAN - Reports are ok, but lot of room for improvents. Delayed payments are not a concern with me as long as I get paid.

LS - By far the worst, I have no idea what they owe me, as well I have no idea what Merchants owe me money from 3+ month's ago
    Last edited by kse; December 9th, 2010 at 02:41 PM.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Who is "Advantalink"?

I am not familiar with Advantalink either. I don't work with Linkshare, have no problems with CJ after they finally fixed their sign up process so I could join.

Did you mean Avantlink? I'll fix the thread if you did.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

If it is AvantLink I would rate them well above CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by easylife View Post
    In order of trust, and based on payments you have received and your overall experience

How do you rate these 3 companies? ( you will notice i dont mention shareasale or google affiliate network and that is because those guys rock! no qualms there )

Here is my rating

CJ
    Linkshare - Advantalink

Both linkshare and advantlink are at the bottom of the pile for me, linkshare for the life of me i find clunky, not as easy to use as cj and tracking aint worth much..what about you?
    You couldn't have given AvantLink much of a chance if you put it on a par with Linkshare.

For Me:
    AvantLink
    SAS
    CJ
    PJ
    GAN
    LinkShare

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Avantlink (+)
    CJ (-)
    LS (-)
    GAN (--) (Long payment delay to receive commission is crazy.)
    Oh you rate Advantlink tops? why is that

As for GAN dont you get your commission monthly from them?

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    I do not use Avantlink.

CJ - No problem with Payments and has the best reporting

SAS - Also as far as payment go SAS is just a good as CJ

PJ - are ok

GAN - Reports are ok, but lot of room for improvents. Delayed payments are not a concern with me as long as I get paid.

LS - By far the worst, I have no idea what they owe me, as well I have no idea what Merchants owe me money from 3+ month's ago
    I agree with LS, I dont like LS at all.

Well lets put it this way I signed up with Advantlink a while back and had issues getting in, then once in after a while I found my account no longer worked. I dont know if they cancelled it but I work above board, I have tons of affiliate managers who can vouch for that and yet communication with advantlink has been appalling trying to get it sorted out.

If I had my way I would place them below linkshare and that is saying a lot about them.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Easy if you qualified at one point for AvantLink.com and had access, then you should still have access...unless we removed you for a TOS violation.

Feel free to email me and I can look into it.

[Sidenote: I assume you mean our network b/c although there is a site "advantlink.com"...what you keep saying, it does not appear to be an Affiliate industry site or network]

Quote Originally Posted by easylife View Post
    Oh you rate Advantlink tops? why is that

As for GAN dont you get your commission monthly from them?
    I would also put ShareASale and buy.at up there with Avantlink - but you didn't ask about them.

CJ and LS both condone, if not actively promote, parasites.

As for GAN - I do receive monthly payments (via ACH) but those represent commission on sales from as far as three months back. As an alternative, SAS's commissions are put in escrow as they are earned (no waiting for invoicing and payment from a merchant) and are paid out on the 20th of the month after the sale was made.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

well, avantlink is the only one of the lot who denied me. so they must be the best.

between CJ and LS though, I much prefer CJ's setup. I have no problems with either, but CJ's tools are easiest to work with. LS merchandisers don't seem to really be on top of things and getting support in that department has been -50 on a scale of 1-10 for me. Can't even get some of the LS tools to work properly either and support has been terrible.
    Last edited by bradk; December 15th, 2010 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    CJ and LS both condone, if not actively promote, parasites.
    Frankly, there's more to worry about regarding trademark poacher affiliates than parasites these days. And you have one on your program right now. In that sense, ShareASale, LinkShare, and CJ all are equally horrible at catching this activity (they don't usually have a vested interest in finding it out themselves), and affiliates kicked out of the network for this activity can get back in to the networks with insane ease.

I've managed affiliate programs in CJ and LinkShare, been a publisher of CJ, LinkShare, and ShareASale (and tons of other networks), and I'd have to rank CJ up top for me. One of the best interfaces, and if you have a rep, some of the best communication and opportunities.

I'm sure AvantLink is great for its niche, but it's just not a network that you hear about as often as the other main players in the traditional network field. It might be the best one out there, but there are more affiliates elsewhere.

For me it's CJ> Linkshare>Advantlink, just like the order you post them here.

For me it's CJ> Linkshare>Advantlink
    Can someone here please clarify - who/what is Advantlink?

ABW Ambassador
    I don't like Linkshare links, they don't seem to convert very well and the coding of them was done a decade ago. I like CJ link code, simple and small except for when the affiliate manager wants to be fancy and add their own script to the code. Avantlink seem ok, code could be tweeked though.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

superCool is not sure who's responsible for this (Avantlink and/or merchants), but with Avantlink we get sales on clicks that are over 100 days old. they have a report that shows the click history for every sale and it's very satisfying to see such old clicks making sales. that makes me trust them a bit more - the transparency

Quote Originally Posted by superCool View Post
    superCool is not sure who's responsible for this (Avantlink and/or merchants), but with Avantlink we get sales on clicks that are over 100 days old. they have a report that shows the click history for every sale and it's very satisfying to see such old clicks making sales. that makes me trust them a bit more - the transparency
    Quoted for Truth

The breadth and ease of the Avantlink reporting is absolutely fantastic.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I use CJ but not the others ... I have never had a problem with CJ and the reporting is great.

Avantlink..then the rest,

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Avantlink and SAS are tops in my opinion for trust - both take a strong ethical stand in dealing with both merchants and affiliates.

the rest fall in random order below as they tend to make decisions based on bottom line first.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasatchspeedgoat View Post
    Avantlink..then the rest,

ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior View Post
    Avantlink and SAS are tops in my opinion for trust - both take a strong ethical stand in dealing with both merchants and affiliates.

the rest fall in random order below as they tend to make decisions based on bottom line first.
    I couldn't agree more.

I typically look at four factors for networks.

1. Ethics (not necessarily of the network, but what they enforce on their affiliates and merchants). The big three (CJ, LinkShare and GAN) all do a poor job here. Most of the smaller networks do a considerably better job, but there are notable exceptions (ClixGalore, Pepperjam, etc.).

2. Payment Assurance. Some networks require escrow from most or all merchants, and that helps assure that you will actually get paid. Most (all?) of the smaller networks do this, but CJ is the only major network that seems to do a good job here.

3. Payment Speed. Most networks pay between the 20th and 30th of the month after you earn a commission. The two big exceptions are LinkShare and GAN, where payments are only made after the network gets paid. Payments at those two might take 60-120 days after the end of the month.

4. Merchant Selection. If you want large mainstream merchants (and there are pros and cons), you HAVE to work with the big three. There are some mainstream merchants on the smaller networks (and those numbers continue to grow!), but most are smaller merchants. Avantlink has a tremendous selection of outdoor merchants. ShareASale has many high-quality merchants (and tons of smaller ones), so you can often find smaller merchants for specific niches. There are some great smaller networks I'd love to work with, but they just don't have merchants I can promote effectively on my sites.

Factoring all that in, my personal priority is:

1. ShareASale
    2. Avantlink
    3. buy.at
    4. AffiliateFuture

5. CJ

6. LinkShare

7. GAN
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast