I have a client that has an affiliate marketing network that they have started. They deal primarily in email campaigns (opt in only lists). They are looking to contact email publishers to get some more distribution on their campaigns.

I am looking for advice on unique ways to reach email publishers. And yes, I know about running and ad with ABW already on the list of suggestions for this company.

I have done work with them in the past and they are straight up guys, no spam, trying to be parasite free though some deals they are not going to be exclusive on. Anyway, I am looking for any ideas or suggestions that I can pass on to them.

And no, I am purposely omitting the name of the company so that this does not in any way appear to be a solicitation. I am looking for feedback here.

Thanks.

Chris
    Chris Mayr
    When amassed, even dust can become a mountain.

There is a finite amount of intelligence but an infinite amount of stupidity in the universe

Most email publishers are spammers.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Microsoft Corp. and Amazon.com Inc., both influential companies, have joined hands in order to take legal action and persue spammers who are targetting these companies and their customers.

Amazon and Microsoft have recently filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Seattle, Washington against Gold Disk Canada, Inc. stating that the company has sent fraudulent e-mails to Amazon and Hotmail users. The e-mails seem like they are generating from Microsoft and Amazon, but this is not the case.

Amazon has filed three seperate lawsuits in King County Superior Court in Seattle, Washington alleging that the individuals were engaged in fradulent schemes against Amazon's customers.

Microsoft, on the other hand, filed lawsuits against two companies, Activsoft Inc. and Cybertania Inc., owned by an individual Leonid Radvinsky, who allegedly sent e-mails messages to Hotmail users, making them look like they were coming from Amazon. Last week, the software giant filed a lawsuit against Cyberbulletproof.com, who was hosting fradulent web pages on its servers as part of a scamming scheme.

Microsoft has filed 12 lawsuits against spammers in the past month and it is being predicted that more will follow shortly.

Not a very brilliant time to push e-mail marketers on the general public.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    One would perhaps opt in to a highly specific list. For example, I receive emails whenever a new PSC is available. As for generic email marketing lists, like those associated with freebie give-a-ways, these are a first class nuisance. I tried one of these once myself to test it before promoting it and the email would never stop, even after I requested it do so. Furthermore the email started coming in from out of network sources and I had to scrap the whole email address (which I created solely for this test).
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Hey guys,

I understand the concern. I hate the 600+ useless messages and ads that I receive a day. These guys are looking for legitimate newsletter providers and focused email publishers.

i.e. If Haiko sent us all an email about a parasite free network or sent us one to sniff out parasitic merchants. That would be of interest to us.

That is the type of connections they are looking to make. They are not peddling the latest male enhancement pills here. I am just trying to help them get in touch with these legitimate folks that are out there. And believe it or not, there are some people out there who have not been corrupted by the lure of easy money in the spam world.
    Chris Mayr
    When amassed, even dust can become a mountain.

There is a finite amount of intelligence but an infinite amount of stupidity in the universe

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread