Complete Newbie question about new deals aggregator
    Hi People

I have no idea how this works or if i am even posting in the right forum but here is my situation

I have a deals aggregator website which pulls deals from twitter for each city and automatically ranks them everyday. It runs into hundreds of deals everyday and I am starting to receive some traffic. I need to now monetise it but i cannot be in all the cities at the same time. So i am looking for people to get me deals from different cities or even from the internet and help me implement the strategy. I am new to this but willing to learn.

Hope this makes sense. I dont know the forum policies so I wont post the link. (Removed Website Name). Please note that i have no intention to spam.
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; December 10th, 2010 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Removed Website

Moved to correct forum.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

If you are pulling deals from Twitter, don't these deals already have someone's affiliate links attached to them? Your site would be full of other affiliate's links.

Intriguing. As a starting place, in what city do you live? One would need to know that in order to not duplicate efforts.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

yes and the value is in having all these on one page for a city for the user. I dont pretend to be a groupon as i dont talk to the merchants directly.
    The service is aggregation, location based and the result seems to be 100s of deals rather than just one for a city per day. In all this i was thinking businesses would be interested in posting sponsored deals at some point if i have a decent user base.

Bill. I live in Delhi, India

HI.
    Local deals are hard to monetize. You need to sell them like groupon or be paid directly by merchant for the privilege to be published on your site.
    What you can do:
    1. if you are pulling groupon or any other local deal sites that have affiliate programs you can redirect this links through the service that will transform them to your affiliate links. That won't do a lot in your case, as most of the twitter links are pointed to another coupons website, not directly to the merchant.
    2. You can add some online (not local) deals to your lists mixing them between what you have now. This way you can make money on affiliate sales from those deals.
    Michael, OWS Software, Inc
    Do you want to make money with your own 100% automated Deals/Coupons Website?
    [Deals/Coupons Website Script] [Deals/Coupons Datafeed]
    [Link to Affiliate Link Transormation]

Thanks OWS Software,

I am still pondering over your first point but the 2nd one sounds like a good idea to me.

"2. You can add some online (not local) deals to your lists mixing them between what you have now. This way you can make money on affiliate sales from those deals."

I feel pretty silly asking this question but there is one additional problem for me here, I live in India and so it is difficult to sell the concept from here to potential online merchants. Not many have offices here so the sale has to be completely online. are there online market places for such a thing? I mean is there anything that make approaching and selling the concept easier for me that you know of?

Sign up at the major networks, you can choose merchants that are relevant to your site and send them shoppers for commissions on products that they purchase. All the major networks have forums here, you can scroll down the forum list here: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/

2busy, thanks a ton.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread