Testing Objective C on MS
    Recently I was looking at books, and I don't know what I was thinking but when I read some good reviews about this book (programming in objective c) I purchased it, again I don't really know what I was thinking but I just did.

I think the book is about mac and iphone, explaining how to use C 2.0, it is something for beginners in order to open the door for them to look at how to make applications for iphone and ipad, not that I read it yet as I am still at the very beginning, but I saw that the author gives examples when he tries to explain something,

I do have an ipad, but God knows that I get no chance to touch it, not even for a minute, since my "commander" here at the apartment is using it all the time!

so I was wondering if there is a way where I can practice those examples of the objective c on my laptop (which is operated by MicroSoft).

Any idea or suggestions?

Lightbulb
    looks like it can run on Windows, according to the table of contents.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ View Post
    looks like it can run on Windows, according to the table of contents.
    The question is: how?

Based on the first example, Here is what the author says:
    "Before we go into a detailed explanation of this program, we need to cover the steps involved in compiling and running it. You can both compile and run your program using Xcode, or you can use the GNU Objective-C compiler in a Terminal window"

I don't understand what I should do!

Lightbulb
    writing a program is one thing; using it is another. I gather (I'm not a programmer) a program made in this must be compiled before it can be used.

sometimes a compiler program shows up on a CD attached to the back of the book.

some programming languages generate several different kinds of files when in operation and the compiler melds them into a computer-usable program.

hope this helps -- as I said I'm not a programmer.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread