Is it just me?

I log onto ABW, select new posts to see what's happening - and get page after page of political posts with an odd affiliate related post sandwiched in the middle!

If I really wanted to see this I'd sign up on a political board - not an affiliate marketing board.

Can't anyone see this is getting out of hand - at least let us filter out political posts from the other new posts so that I can spend what time I have on something that interests me and is of potential use in my business.

Seriously - this is starting to make me cross, and I will likely be coming less and less if this carries on the current rate.

It's not just you.

I'm in the process of setting up two new boards (with the same user database) including one for off topic and one for political discussions, this way it will still be ABW and it's members without any off topic or political posts in the active or new topics listings of ABW. This process is also part of a series of server moves and consolidation so please be patient with me ... by this time next week, things should be 100% better.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I'm finding it makes the new post feature less effective myself. I don't know if filtering can even be set up that way.

This has always been a tough issue..political posts or not. And it always seems to come up pretty well split. By the degree of activity (hence all the listings in new posts), there are obviously those who want to be able to post political stuff here.

Those of us who don't particularly care to mix politics with business may have to tough it out until after the election. At least the posts are seeming to stay confined in that forum now and aren't cropping up in the midst of the AM threads.

Haiko:

Great plan and I'm looking forward to its implementation. It's getting tougher and tougher to get great AM ideas around here!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Cross post.

Way cool Haiko. I'm sure everyone will join in in thanking you for the extra work and effort on your part to accomodate everyone on this one. That sounds like an excellent solution.

Sounds like you've got it all covered Haiko

Best news I've heard today!!

Thank you Haiko,

I was getting to a point not to visit "Abestweb" any longer.

Allen

ABW Ambassador
    Good news

biz.abestweb.com

rants.abestweb.com

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Good move, Haiko!

Politics and religion are two things that normally do not mix well in business. Specially since some people cannot seem to be able to have a sensible conversation, then disagree, then still be friends and continue to do business together.

I agree it gets harder to keep up with the affiliate marketing threads, sometimes I wonder if a post might have been missed.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    All that is required is for the "new pots" feature to only list the FIRST new post of each thread. That way the "new posts" page will usually ONLY be 1 page long and easier to navigate.

Hey! Wasn't that my idea?? Good going. You will end up with three very popular cross linked boards.

Suggest "All in the Family" go to "Off Topic". That will keep interest from ABW there. It will be for parties, celebrations and commiserations.

In fact, the entire "Lounge" should go there.

I would like a "New Posts Biz", "New Posts OT" and "New Posts Pol" link on the heading of each page in all the boards, so no one forgets the other boards are there.

I don't know if this can be done but a simple little announcement such as, "There are 270 posts in OT today", on the heading of each page would alert us when a hot issue is being discussed.

Also, keep the look, feel the same on all three boards to give it all a sense of continuity.

This is great. It offers real choice. A person can cut to the meat or have the whole ABW experience. It will be up to them.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I assume this new board would keep off-aff-topic stuff in a separate area so it would not new aff-related topics off so quickly. If so, then great.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    I really hope the political posts get separated soon.

I too am checking in much less frequently and am frustrated by the large number of off topic posts.

The only thing I really want here is affiliate marketing info. There are other places to get info and viewpoints.

Lily

Last night there were 6 pages of "new threads" on political stuff.

It's really getting annoying. This is not a political board - it an affiliate marketing board.
    Ebudae

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Adam Ward:
    Good news

biz.abestweb.com

rants.abestweb.com

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even better

biz.abestweb.com

bs.abestweb.com

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - - -
    In fact, the entire "Lounge" should go there.
    - - - - -

I disagree, I don't think it was ever really a problem to have a few posts where affiliates interacted, it's just on certain topics like politics where some people get obsessed with pounding their point of view onto the rest of the visitors incessantly.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Don't worry, it'll all die down in November.

Patience, people.

The lounge is need there not because it is a problem here but to get the new board off to a good start. And, face it. It is off topic.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    Midnight Café is not off topic unless "some people" make it off topic.

Haiko's idea, as I understand it, would be like giving us that FEATRUE he promised in "version 4".

Great, I keep my politics,religion and racial feelings to myself, not everyone sees the world though my eyes,I take folks as individuals, not a group,and have traveled to places most haven't seen, like Korea.My nickle is only good on regular posts.
    JJ

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread