Document backlinks, are they useful?
    Hi there,

At the moment I'm working on some SEO for one of my websites. And I'm trying to diversify my backlink portfolio.

I read a lot different things about document backlinks. Some say they are very effective in increasing your SEO results. Others say that Google don't index them as backlinks.

They don't get seen as backlink when I check the Yahoo Site Explorer or Backlinkwatch. So I'm wondering if some has experience with these kind of backlinks?

Here is the list I use:

scribd.com
    twidox.com
    slideshare.net
    box.net
    yudu.com
    docstoc.com
    issuu.com
    edocr.com
    gazhoo.com

Thank you.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    it takes weeks or maybe months to have links appear on SEO backlink sites..

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe View Post
    it takes weeks or maybe months to have links appear on SEO backlink sites..
    Yes that is right Eric.

But I'm wondering if document backlinks ever get indexed as a backlink. Form my experience I never saw a backlink from a document website.

If someone else did, please let me know

Call me ignorant -- but what do you mean when you say "documents website"? I'm not following what sort of websites and backlinks you're asking about.
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy View Post
    Call me ignorant -- but what do you mean when you say "documents website"? I'm not following what sort of websites and backlinks you're asking about.
    slideshare.net/jlenney/driving-fear-program-review
    Moderator Note: Do not post links to affiliate sites - Please read the Rules
    Last edited by 2busy; December 16th, 2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Removed link to affiliate site

They do the job as well, however some links have more value than others. It's better to work on quality instead of quantity.

It looks like what the OP is asking is about Article Marketing. There are right and wrong ways to use this as a tool for traffic generation. See this thread that tells you how to do it the right way: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=124926

I'm not talking about article marketing but uploading documents to sharing sites with a backlink in it (Scribd.com for example). And I was wondering if search engines can spider these links and why they don't show up in backlink tools like Yahoo Site Explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W. View Post
    I'm not talking about article marketing but uploading documents to sharing sites with a backlink in it (Scribd.com for example). And I was wondering if search engines can spider these links and why they don't show up in backlink tools like Yahoo Site Explorer.
    A lot of those sites have a "nofollow" attribute on the links so the search engine spiders won't read them like a link.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread