Hi,

This is a question for you experts. I have the Ebates MMM on my computer. Before deleting it, i checked to see if it overwrote my cookies from my affiliate web site. It didn't. No ad displayed either. Then i manually typed in the URL of a merchant and the pop up displayed but it also redirected me to the merchants home page via their affiliate link (a linkshare one in this case) and set the cookie. Cleared my cookies out and then did a search on Google for said merchant and then clicked on his adword listing. Got the pop up and then got the redirect which set the cookie. Is this compliance with the CJ CoC and Linkshare's terms? I am not complaining or being sarcastic here and this thread is not intended to be yet another ***** at linkshare/cj/ebates session. Just need to know if this is considered kosher to the networks. If so, then i will have to play the games under these rules as well. I sent an email to both networks asking if this was ok as well but what insight do the experts at ABW have on this. Legit or not?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    It's the price the lame AM's running those programs pass on to the real merchant management by hiding it even occurs. The double dipping fee, via forced cookie sets, is the only way eBates and others can make money as they refuse to resort to their own domain bound traffic for commissions. Their game is infestation....not lame domain bound affiliate rules requireing pre-sell work. Drive-by fees and bundled install fees assist in their efforts to turn shoppers into their own private popup-hell holes.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I am not complaining or being sarcastic here and this thread is not intended to be yet another ***** at linkshare/cj/ebates session. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Too late, Mike's already seen it.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Cleared my cookies out and then did a search on Google for said merchant and then clicked on his adword listing. Got the pop up and then got the redirect which set the cookie. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If this is indeed what is happening, the net effect here should reasonably be construed as a "forced click".

The traffic hijack is an altogether different issue which is often "overlooked" by AM's who derive personal benefit from the (as perceived by those who don't see) inflation of affiliate channel sales. Let's call a spade a spade: AM's who allow this to happen are embezzling from their employers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Cleared my cookies out and then did a search on Google for said merchant and then clicked on his adword listing <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    wouldn't Google have something to say about this too?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Be nice to hear some day where those 500+ merchnats controlled by those trusted AM firms level embezzlement and collusion to defraud charges on them.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread