CSN Shops Did Not Track
    Purchased a couple of dartboard cabinets on 12-13-2010. I was in a hurry when I did it so I didn't check for a tracking pixel and didn't pay attention to SaS reporting until now. The items have shipped and still no reporting of the sale.

I actually clicked on my aff link on the 12th when looking for the items then again just prior to finalizing the sale.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    :-( Not good
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Maybe with some comments to "bump" this thread along, someone from CSN Shops will come along and speak to the issue.

I use them a lot via PopShops and rarely get a sale -- doesn't feel all that good to me. *sigh*
    Generate more fake news.

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    I've had some problems with them in the past for sales crediting, but they did manually credit them for me. If you do a search on here, you will find the name of the AM (and my complaints to them).
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

I was sending them far more traffic than most of my other merchants with very little to show for it, so I have been swapping them out everywhere I can. The first merchant that I switched to for the same product has been producing very well, thank you. I am sorry I waited so long to see results that never happened.

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe they're still figuring out what scenario you're in:

CSN Stores Affiliate pay out:

Affiliate referrers:
    Coupon affiliate 1 – SScoupon1
    Coupon affiliate 2 – SScoupon2
    Non coupon 1 – SSnon1
    Non coupon 2 – SSnon2

CSN Stores referrers/non-affiliate:
    Google PPC ad run by CSN Stores – G1

Scenarios(The referral paths are bolded):

1. Coupon site is only referrer in click stream:

SScoupon1

SScoupon1 gets a full commission

2. Coupon Site is first referrer in the click stream, CSN referrer is second in the click stream.

SScoupon1
    G1

SScoupon1 gets a full commission

3. There is a CSN referrer before a coupon site referrer:

G1
    SScoupon1

SScoupon1 gets a 2% commission

4. There are two coupon sites in the click stream and no other referrer

SScoupon1
    SScoupon2

SScoupon2 gets a 2% commission, SScoupon1 gets a manually added full commission

5. There is a CSN referrer overwritten by two coupon sites:

G1
    SScoupon1
    SScoupon2

SScoupon2 gets a 2% commission

6. There is only a non-coupon referrer in the click stream

SSnon1

SSnon1 gets a full commission

7. There are two non-coupon referrers in the click stream

SSnon1
    SSnon2

SSnon2 gets a full commission

8. There is a CSN referrer followed by a non-coupon referrer:

G1
    SSnon1

SSnon1 gets a full commission for that sale.

9. There is a non-coupon referrer overwritten by a coupon referrer:

SSnon1
    SScoupon1

SSnon1 gets a manually credited full commission, SScoupon1 gets 2% commission

10. The is a CSN referrer, then a non-coupon referrer, then a coupon referrer:

G1
    SSnon1
    SScoupon1

SSnon1 gets a manually credited full commission, SScoupon1 gets 2% commission

11. There is a csn referrer, followed by two non-coupon referrers, followed by a coupon referrer:

G1
    SSnon1
    SSnon2
    SScoupon1

SSnon2 gets a manually added full commission, SScoupon1 gets a 2% commission

12. There is a csn referrer, followed by two non-coupon referrers, followed by two coupon referrers:

G1
    SSnon1
    SSnon2
    SScoupon1
    SScoupon2

SSnon2 gets a manually added full commission, SScoupon2 gets a 2% commission

13. There is a coupon referrer, then CSN referrer, then a non-coupon referrer:

SScoupon1
    G1
    SSnon1

SSnon1 receives a full commission on that order.

14. Non-coupon site is the only referrer in the click stream:

SSnon1

15. Non-coupon Site is first referrer in the click stream, CSN referrer is second in the click stream.

SSnon1
    G1

Some people actually thought this setup was a good idea. I thought it was crazy. I'm not sure if it's like most merchants where the sale shows up pretty much instantly at SAS or because of the way they have things setup, it might take awhile for them to figure out how much they want to pay you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Maybe they're still figuring out what scenario you're in:....

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,

.... it might take awhile for them to figure out how much they want to pay you.
    I aged just reading it. This appears just slightly less complicated than building a nuclear reactor or shaving a cat.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Thanks for clarifying, Trust
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

It's actually quite a bit simpler than the myriad of examples makes it out to be. Basically:

1. Internal marketing links don't affect normal affiliates. THIS IS GOOD FOR AFFILIATES.
    2. Coupon affiliates get a 2% commission when there is an existing affiliate link (and that affiliate gets a full commission) or if there was a previous click from an internal marketing campaign. THIS IS GOOD FOR NON-COUPON AFFILIATES.
    3. Coupon affiliates get a full commission if they're fully responsible for the traffic.

I don't think I've ever publicly supported it because I believe channel attribution and split commissions is a slippery slope full of land mines that will invariably hurt affiliates, but in this particular case I think Brent did a very good job at creating a level, fair playing field. (FWIW, this is the ONLY split commission solution I've seen that I liked.) But now that Brent is gone and things appear to be falling apart, it looks like the model was too technologically complicated (or perhaps too dependent on manually processes?) to stand the test of time.

So now I'm back to square one and I am even more firmly against channel attribution and split commissions. Even with the right intentions, the best people, and good technology, there are just too many things that can go wrong.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I thought it might be something along the lines of what Trust said, they may have to manually credit the transaction, but when I saw it had shipped but still hadn't posted I reported the error. It's only a couple of bucks and I don't care, but concerns me about those transactions we don't know about....
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread