Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Cheap Airfare
    Just saw some info on the local news that should be of interest to people flying from the LA area to Vegas for ASW11:

Allegiant Air has deals from Long Beach to Vegas where if you book a flight and a hotel together, the air fare for the first person is . They also supposedly have fares as low as $10 for flights to Vegas without booking a hotel.

You can check it out here: allegiantair dot com

(I'll be driving so I won't be trying to actually book this deal)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

posted this late last night - giving it a bump
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Good to know somebody gets a bargain.

I am also driving but looked to see if it was a good deal (looked at what they called Long Beach/Anaheim to Las Vegas). There are a lot of gotchas. There are no flights on Sat Jan 8 and the one Sunday flight is an evening flight so would miss the meet market. The flight on Friday is $15.99 but then they add taxes, fees, and attractions and it became $56.67.

I never heard of that airline either.

I checked it again (always like to know if something is a good deal), the above was a one way. For a round trip it was $77.38 but it was only available on Jan 7 - 13, 2 more days than I am staying. Southwest for the actual days I want Jan 8 - 12 is $59.40 (not all flights but several available).

Anyway, my daughter is coming with me and I drive a Prius. But if I was going alone, I would probably fly.

Cathy - did you compute the fees with the hotel? The 1¢ airfare deal is only if you also book a hotel.

When I tried computing a couple of options, with a hotel, the total price they showed before taxes was barely over the hotel cost. (Wynn/Encore are sold out)

I did it for departing on Fri night, Jan 7.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; December 16th, 2010 at 11:16 PM. Reason: correction

No, I didn't do the hotel. But the fees were interesting, it showed as $15.99 on the calendar for Jan 7 and $10.01 for Jan 13 which sound like good deals but then are actually:

Trip Price = $26.00
    Taxes & Fees = $36.39
    Attractions = $14.99

Total Cost $77.38

Still not a bad deal. The attractions are apparently a mandatory round-trip shuttle McCarran Airport at $14.99 which is also not a bad deal.

I tried again with the hotel, still only available Jan 7 thru Jan 13. And the prices are all over the place depending on the hotel.

I booked through Travelocity and got 1/9/11 (early morning flight) through 1/12/11 (afternoon flight) round trip from Dayton staying at the Wynn with a $100 resort credit for $773 including taxes and fees.

Just checked and they still show the deal available but it's a few dollars more. I chose to arrive Sunday morning as a Saturday arrival blew the price up to around $1,100+ taxes.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

I didn't check into this deal as I'm not attending AFF west, but I am pretty sure that Allegiant Air flies into the NORTH las Vegas airport. Not the main airport that is close to downtown.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread