All,

I've decided not to group related posts per topic anymore this will help in finding the absolute newest posts and will keep large threads from 'overtaking' the new posts section.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Woohoo! No more muscle cramps in my index finger from the scroll wheel.

Works for me, thank you.

Fred

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    Hehe, actually, I liked it better the other way. It was easier to skip a whole thread in which I was not interested. Now I have to scan each post to determine whether it is in an interesting thread or not.

Still, can't please everyone I suppose.

Haiko, is this option settable on a member basis? That would allow people to have it the way they want.

Woz
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

I thought it might be good, but after a day, I find it might work better the other way. Of course, the Bush thread might skew things a little.

Fred

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    I'd rather have it so all I saw was the first unread post in each thread. That way, the list would be smaller.

Scrolling down pages of unread posts that are newer than the first one you haven't read is ridiculous. You either want to read a thread or you don't.

"I thought it might be good, but after a day, I find it might work better the other way."

I agree, I think now we are missing some affiliate marketing posts because it seems that the political threads are more important now and in order to see all the new business posts, we have to scroll a lot more.

ABW Ambassador
    Cheers here.

ABW Ambassador
    When it first went to the threaded style, i hated it. Now i miss it Basically what Fred said in his second post. Threaded seems to be a little more organized. I know with some boards users can customize it, here you can't. Maybe a vote on which ABWers like better, then go with that. But it should be a truly democratic vote meaning whatever way gets the most votes should win.

Mr Sal said "I think now we are missing some affiliate marketing posts" which is a very good point. With all due resepct to those participating in the Political threads, would it be possible to take that forum off the active list and get the focus back on affiliate stuff?

Woz
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

http and a telephoto
    I liked threaded so I could, as mentioned above, skip entire sections of related posts. It seems more disorganized this way.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Yes the OT political posts are almost overtaking the forum. I have to skim and skip so much that I'm afraid I will miss an important ON topic affiliate marketing post by accident. Plus it's taking twice as long in the AM to catch up on new posts and sift through everything.

I suggest we move the Political posts off the new posts view. It seems very busy and popular so I'm sure the people interested in those discussions will still go there to talk.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't get how this thing is organized anymore. There are old topics that haven't had a post since August and July above the latest ones. Like 8 or so old irrelevant topics before the new ones. I didn't know there even were any new topics until I happened to scroll down.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Jimbo are you seeing that when you click on "New Posts"?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Can someone explain "I've decided not to group related posts per topic anymore"?

I don;t even know what this means...

And you should write in baby talk - cuz I'm too stupid to understand this very simple sentence Haiko wrote...

Pulled my head out... looked around...

Is this just a change to the results you see when you do this:
    Click on "Find"
    Click on "New Since your Last Visit"

Donuts,

Yes.

Instead of a list of recent posts in a particular thread and then another list it is listed by individual posts sorted by time of post, not by the threads.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I had to discover this method of viewing to understand what you meant... and now I know...

Thanks Dad.

Haiko, could we go back to the way it was please. Grouped posts made it much easier to identify threads with new posts.

Also, could we take the political stuff off the active list please, it is really difficult to find threads about affiliate topics which is what these fora are all about.

Many Thanks
    Woz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Woz:
    Haiko, could we go back to the way it was please. Grouped posts made it much easier to identify threads with new posts.

Also, could we take the political stuff off the active list please, it is really difficult to find threads about affiliate topics which is what these fora are all about.

Many Thanks
    Woz <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree!!!!!
    Ebudae

Is there any way to have a button for New AM posts and another one for New Off Topic posts?

I think there needs to be two ABWs both linked together so we kind of stay as a group.

There needs to be ABW AM for those who want "just the facts M'am" and ABW Water Cooler for those who want more of a relationship with others on the board.

Absolutely everything not AM would go in ABW Water Cooler. It would be the new lounge. But, it would be totally integrated with ABW AM through links on the front page, top of the page links etc. The reverse would apply as well, of course.

Water Cooler would eventually develop its own following among those less interested in AM or who only dabble in AM without losing it base.

It is kind of like when you make independant but related niche sites. You link them together and use each to promote the other.

I do not see the off topic discussions ever declining and this problem will grow.

New program announcements would be shown both places so advertisers would get maximum exposure for the buck.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ebudae:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Woz:

Many Thanks
    Woz <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree!!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I agree, sometimes older is better, I can spend a lot of time looking for threads I am interested in, and since the dates are listed, no one has to go old, the political thing belongs in chuckles,not appro on a forum like this, same as religion, I don't know anyone here in person, so older is better, here.My nickles worth.
    jj

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread