I get emails with this kind of stuff in it:

cellophane whoa alexandre harmonic darius pompano. ga. scissor iliad embellish golden capital affluence Ucheckerberry Ymonument cosgrove pity chrysler, dorchester - charlotte obsolete Hbutene wreath devote oneupmanship? hydrology spinnaker icicle delimitation - seventeen hibachi scuttle md - acton automat snowmobile - chicken dignity? lincoln, beachhead Kdeductible flax hydrous

Anyone know why people put this in the e-mails?

I get a bunch of those.. I have no clue does anyone?

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    These are spam and perhaps somehow this text allows the email to get through many filters.

Just a theory.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Anyone know why people put this in the e-mails? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a spell that if you read it three times and do a circle dance and whisper what you wish and your wish will be grandted!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

I think all those words are so it will get through your spam filter. If you open the message there's an image that will load and they can tell you have a real email address and you open your spam. So your address is worth using and selling.

Or something like that.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

I'm not saying you are wrong but it seems the more words in an e-mail, the better chance of it being filtered out.

ABW Ambassador
    They are there to defeat spam filters.

If you just put a link in, it will be flagged by many programs, so the random safe words try and balance out the rest of the content.

Chet

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> chicken dignity? lincoln, beachhead Kdeductible flax hydrous

Anyone know why people put this in the e-mails? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still would like to know what that "chicken dignity" is all about!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    I think you got spam from a Buddhist vegetarian.

The reference to "chicken dignity" seems to fit in with this thought:

"It's OK to eat meat, as long as we treat God's creatures humanely"

It's just random padding text to defeat certain types of spam filter.

Incidentally, it also demonstrates why if you have a real newsletter, you should try to make it quite long in comparison to the number of links, as that will reduce the "spam factor" too.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    And it's not your PC's spam filter they're avoiding... you're just getting one copy and it'll slide right on in for most users that don't blacklist.

But, as they bounce emails through others, to help cover their tracks, they need that randomness to avoid being identified by those servers and SMTP relays.

After all the work they do technically, I'd figure their "sell" text would be better - but it's always so VERY poor that I can easily see it's not their first language. They should hire a consultant...

And go screw themselves.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread