Rochester, NY
    A Tough Wordpress Lesson Learned
    Just found out why our sales plummeted today and yesterday. Dumb me, but lesson learned.

I had installed a keyword linking plugin (Categories Autolink by Alberto Lombardo) that takes exact match phrases and links them to the approprite category. Awesome idea on the surface.

However, if your keyword appeared in your link text to the Buy URL, it was killing the Buy link.

Oddly, our click through numbers were still good, since I don't have the keyword/category combos in 100% of the pages. But, killed the plug in, and I expect tomorrow to be a better day.

Point being, if you install a new plugin, don't just do a spot check for conflicts and assume everything is ok. Do a very thorough check.
    Last edited by Kevin; December 17th, 2010 at 09:56 PM.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Man.. I get that alot. But for me its.. Everything seems to be still working.. on Firefox and Chrome. I never check IE until my wife goes on my site 3 weeks later and asks why something looks like it does!

Example: my redirect was working on firefox and chrome but was for some reason hanging up on IE. Nice. No one using IE was transferred to the the merchant.

Hopefully better luck tomorrow!

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah it sucks when you make a change to your website to see sales drop, it happened to me a few weeks ago until realized I missed something in the code.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, and more top registers.

What affiliate network should I use
    posted in the wrong place, sorry
    Last edited by thinkinginvain; December 22nd, 2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: posted in the wrong place

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread