Image Sizing
    OK, I realize that I am new with GoldenCAN but cannot find any thread about this issue.

For one of my sites that has an Amazon feed (along with several others), many of the Amazon images do not remain within the image sizing I have chosen in creating the keyword category template.

The images are too large and are distorted and also cause the symetrical look for the rest of the products to be poor for viewing.

Is this something typical or is there a setting or coding that I need to be aware of?

All of the other company's images apear to be correct and all the data looks good.

Thanks in advance.

I am using an html site with a php feed template (I do have a proper .htaccess file uploaded.)

Moved to GoldenCan forum.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Maybe try limiting either the width or height of the images with css?
    img {border: none; max-width: 180px; }

If you only limit one dimension they won't be distorted.

Thank you for the response. I am using the php code provided by GoldenCAN when I created the template. One of the settings is "image size". It does not specify if that is only for the X or Y side of the image or if it is being applied to both.

I do not see any other place in their template settings or in the php code itself to make any image size settings.

Other suggestions?

If it is in your css it does not matter where the image is from. It can resize images from GoldenCan, your own html or someone else's javascript. Your css tells the browser how to size the images to x-height or x width. To prevent resizing of other images just assign a class to them.

2Busy,

Again thank you.

However... I see nothing in the CSS for the site that would affect this php code and I have now created a new page that looks for no CSS and both appear the same. I have also looked at all of my html code as it affects any table or cell and see nothing that affects where I have placed the code from GoldenCAN.

I have tested the code in three different test pages that have no CSS and no tables or cells that could possibly affect the tables of the GoldenCAN php code template.

I have been around html and php for quite some time but not in pulling a template from GoldenCAN, so this has me stumped.

It's as if the image sizing I have chosen in GoldenCAN has no effect on the Amazon images.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread