Thumbs down kqzyfj.com DOWN
    Its been down for a while now. See attached snapshot.
    But Hey look on the bright side, tracking will never be affected, lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks for it.. wat are other domains ? i goota change it..

kqzyfj.com -> dosent work
    www.kqzyfj.com -> works
    Last edited by xso; December 20th, 2010 at 01:13 PM.

Just checked and its working for me now.

&*$#^*(#$!!!!!!!!

THAT would explain why I had such a bad day yesterday. I was wondering what was going on. I checked everything but the links, since I checked 'em when I first put 'em up. CRAP. And Sundays are usually my biggest days.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Has anybody opened a ticket with CJ? (I just did and asked a merchant partner to as well.)

Btw, thanks for posting about that Nabz. I was wracking my brain to figure out what was wrong. Without you posting that, I would never have known.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn View Post
    Has anybody opened a ticket with CJ? (I just did and asked a merchant partner to as well.)

Btw, thanks for posting about that Nabz. I was wracking my brain to figure out what was wrong. Without you posting that, I would never have known.
    I noticed its down, when I checked one of my links today (which I don't usually do), can't say for yesterday.
    It does seem to be back up, looks like it was down for 15 minutes or so, the issue is we never see any notification about tracking server downtime from CJ. I think someone should setup monitoring for all of CJ's tracking servers, and see how much uptime do they actually offer.
    I never understood the idea behind redirecting user through several servers before landing on merchant's website. So if any one of them goes down, user will not complete the redirect.

I had www in my link and it failed to redirect when clicked several times. It was indeed down at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabz View Post
    I noticed its down, when I checked one of my links today (which I don't usually do), can't say for yesterday.
    It does seem to be back up, looks like it was down for 15 minutes or so, the issue is we never see any notification about tracking server downtime from CJ. I think someone should setup monitoring for all of CJ's tracking servers, and see how much uptime do they actually offer.
    I never understood the idea behind redirecting user through several servers before landing on merchant's website. So if any one of them goes down, user will not complete the redirect.
    This is not really the case - CJ uses an Akamai distributed system to prevent downtime, and to distribute the load over different servers. All of their different domain names are actually all cnames/aliases for "track.cj.akadns.net", and are not actually different referrers.

I used to be on the advertiser management side of things for a number of CJ programs, and never saw any decrease in clicks when random users here would claim that links were down. Any time people posted about a reporting interface downtime, and claimed that this must have been the reason that their sales were low, I never saw any drop offs in the programs I managed (8+ programs at any time).

Sales were back to normal levels today. Yesterday was only 10% of what I've historically made on Sundays in December going back many years. No change in traffic or clicks. A huge anomaly. And there was a tracking problem on the domain the page that generates those sales uses. There would have to be an awfully big coincidence to convince me that wasn't a tracking problem.

Do all of your links use that domain? There are something like 7 or 8 different ones, and they randomly give you one when you pull links so they're usually pretty well distributed.

Does CJ report considerably fewer clicks for the day? If the problem was broken links, even the clicks shouldn't have tracked.

Is this primarily for a single merchant, or do you get sales from multiple merchants?

I checked my CJ stats (looking at the 30 day trend graphs) and I don't see any anomalies in mine.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Yesterday was our second highest earning day of all time with cj, and we push around 3 million clicks a day to over 1500 merchants over there. If there were issues, we certainly would have seen them.

Actually, clicks were down. Traffic was the same though. And most of the prominent links on that page were on this domain.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn View Post
    Sales were back to normal levels today. Yesterday was only 10% of what I've historically made on Sundays in December going back many years. No change in traffic or clicks. A huge anomaly. And there was a tracking problem on the domain the page that generates those sales uses. There would have to be an awfully big coincidence to convince me that wasn't a tracking problem.
    Well, since the original poster posted the problem about a Monday, and your post says that Monday was back to normal, I'd say that was an irrelevant issue. I saw increased clicks/sales on this Sunday/Monday vs the prior, and I am using the tracking domain mentioned for about 75% of my links.

Frankly, I'd rather trust Michael Coley's traffic stats (since I know how much his sites can push to programs) and Prosperent Brian's claims (since Prosperent obviously sends way more clicks than the average affiliate, and to way more programs) rather than most posters here.

If anyone here claims that the domains act differently, please see my post above describing their network/server setup. If you still disagree, please explain why, and I'll point you to my post again. Rather than just posting "domain is down", please post a traceroute that shows where it's down. Otherwise, there's no proof, and there's no telling if it's a CJ problem, your ISP's problem, or your anti-virus/ad-blocker's issue.

I'm completely with Joshua as far as the domain names go. I've tested it out myself and was able to solve a false-click issue with WordPress by blocking out the one IP via my server firewall rather than try to address the multiple domain names. But if most of your links went to the one domain name, it wouldn't really matter anyway.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread