Cool Don't understand it at all !
    I am working very hard on my site. Finished offPage SEO, doing Directory and Article submissions, but still Google don't show me his good side. Actually, after finishing my Onpage SEO I went down in the ranking !. My Alexa rating is improving but visitors are not coming to my site through the search engines. I don't understand what am I doing wrong. Can you tell me?

Question
    how old is the site? sometimes there will be a burst of activity at the onset and then everything slows for a few months.

are you submitting a sitemap to the search engines when you add a few new pages?

There's always the Site Review if you think that could help: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=146

How new is the domain? It will take weeks (minimum) before Google will index most pages. It should spider the pages (verify within analytics), but takes a minimum of 2 weeks before you'll see any real impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ View Post
    how old is the site? sometimes there will be a burst of activity at the onset and then everything slows for a few months.

are you submitting a sitemap to the search engines when you add a few new pages?
    I did submit and did everything (i think) that needs be done.

Sometimes working too much on SEO is the problem. I think Google will continue to discredit article and directory submissions. Google knows they are self generated links and not votes of confidence from third parties.

Focus on generating good content that people will be attracted to in a natural way. Also try to find traffic you can get to your site directly. Use good analytics software so you know which traffic produces.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

I would recommend simply sticking the course. Google is hard to predict, but as long as you have quality content and slowly build backlinks, you should be fine... however, it may take some time.

Slow and steady wins the race with google.

It's not about doing something wrong, you just need to continue to do the right things.

The more original content you publish (and the more frequent), the more your rankings will improve. It's very easy to get caught up in search rankings on a daily basis, but try to tune out and focus on building your site for potential readers.

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    Slow and steady wins the race with google.

It's not about doing something wrong, you just need to continue to do the right things.

The more original content you publish (and the more frequent), the more your rankings will improve. It's very easy to get caught up in search rankings on a daily basis, but try to tune out and focus on building your site for potential readers.
    Fab advice, something many webmasters don't want to hear.

Doing SEO isn't a recipe for guaranteed success, the Google criteria changes often. Directories & article submissions probably no longer have the impact they once did.

Another important element that's easy to forget is that your competitors are also busy building their sites and backlinks. Your advertisers also take note of your high-ranking keywords and compete against you as well. You don't operate in a vacuum...there's much more to the equation than a webmaster "doing all the right things."
    Rene
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread