Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager Decorative Ceiling Tiles's Avatar
    Do you find Stumbleupon helpful for business?
    Hello,

I have recently try to get some traffic and sales from Stubmleupon. Spent about 300 and got a lot of traffic fast, only 5 small sales , most samples.

How do you get the right people to come to your site?

I've never had much luck with Stumbleupon. Sure, it's easy to drive a ton of traffic to your site, but it's all low-quality traffic with no intent of purchasing.

Back-links, back-links, backlinks... oh and the occasional bookmark is what you should look at Stumbleupon for. It's not the best way to get traffic.

Well, you're doing the right thing by hitting up the forums where affiliates hang out. Affiliates drive traffic. Instead of spending 300 at Stumble... You could get better results from Adwords. If you have social networking profiles, put your website somewhere on your profile page.

The best way, and it's not going to happen overnight, is good old fashioned SEO. Do some on-page and off page SEO. Start by creating some internal links. Link your keywords to internal pages. Link to a couple authority sites. Then do some bookmarking. You can create an onlywire account to get started. Blog commenting. Hit up some contractors blogs. blog commenting goes a long way. For your site, hit up Angie's list. They have a homeowners forum, blog, and you can list your site. Link exchange with contractors. Submit your site to free and paid classified ads. At 300 bones, you could be listed on the Yahoo Directory. This is just a few ideas.
    Last edited by InfoScout; December 30th, 2010 at 11:31 PM.

I completely missed the photography backdrop part...Everything I said for contractors, you may want to do the same for photography websites. There may even be some backdrop companies that are willing to buy tiles from you to increase their business. It gives them the creative edge. But hang out in the photography forums and hit up the photography blogs. There's a bazillion how to make backdrop videos on Youtube. Hit them up with comments. Better yet

Create a channel, load your how to install ceiling tile video, and creat a video that shows how to create those backdrops. Brand that video or interupt the video a few times with your website url. Drive traffic to those videos. If you need help with the video traffic, just message me.

Quote Originally Posted by InfoScout View Post
    I completely missed the photography backdrop part...Everything I said for contractors, you may want to do the same for photography websites. There may even be some backdrop companies that are willing to buy tiles from you to increase their business. It gives them the creative edge. But hang out in the photography forums and hit up the photography blogs. There's a bazillion how to make backdrop videos on Youtube. Hit them up with comments. Better yet

Create a channel, load your how to install ceiling tile video, and creat a video that shows how to create those backdrops. Brand that video or interupt the video a few times with your website url. Drive traffic to those videos. If you need help with the video traffic, just message me.

Thanks for all the good info. I am actually doing some of that already.. Just opened a Forum on Pro4um.com. I also have my clients photographers create
    videos for me on how they did their backdrops.

Check out the videos:

Affordable Photography Backdrops

I tried stumbleupon for 2 week. i got lots of traffic but conversion rate is very less. Best time to use stumbleupon is 2 pm to 4 pm GMT.

A friend of mine who works on sites suggested I set up an account with stumbleupon as well as DIgg and told me to post my site pages every day there.

My only concern with those bookmark sites is someone told me if all you do is post your own website over and over again they may delete your account for spamming? but not too sure how true this is or not...

I've used stubleupon last year and I couldn't get it to work, I hear people are making money with this site and getting links but for me I couldn't even get a backlink lol, so I gave up on that site and moved on to different ways of getting sales.

Quote Originally Posted by joer View Post
    A friend of mine who works on sites suggested I set up an account with stumbleupon as well as DIgg and told me to post my site pages every day there.

My only concern with those bookmark sites is someone told me if all you do is post your own website over and over again they may delete your account for spamming? but not too sure how true this is or not...

What do you mean by posting the site? I have only advertised there so far.
    Last edited by Decorative Ceiling Tiles; January 16th, 2011 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan81 View Post
    I've used stubleupon last year and I couldn't get it to work, I hear people are making money with this site and getting links but for me I couldn't even get a backlink lol, so I gave up on that site and moved on to different ways of getting sales.
    I have read that is good to do a survey for your clients and then use the info on Stumbleupon when setting up campaigns.

Google Docs would be great for that purpose. I will give it a shot and let you know what happened.

I rarely use explorer plugins, but this one saved me a lot of time acctually.

I use Stumbleupon for passive traffic but never considered advertising on it. The fact that you got five small sales says it has potential. I think I might have a closer look at Stumble.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenz View Post
    I use Stumbleupon for passive traffic but never considered advertising on it. The fact that you got five small sales says it has potential. I think I might have a closer look at Stumble.
    I did and I also got a 500 one from one of the samples sent.

I personally found it was great for traffic. I got a lot of visitors and "thumbs ups".

But I also found it was not good for buying traffic. Most stumblers, look and leave.

I think you would have to have just the right offer, most likely an interactive one that grabs the attention immediately for SU to work.

Quote Originally Posted by LilBlackDress View Post
    I personally found it was great for traffic. I got a lot of visitors and "thumbs ups".

But I also found it was not good for buying traffic. Most stumblers, look and leave.

I think you would have to have just the right offer, most likely an interactive one that grabs the attention immediately for SU to work.
    It was an encouraging thought you put it here by sharing your success in SU. I was wondering the way you maintain the campaign in stumble upon. Can you please pm me some useful tips to drive traffic from SU.

Quote Originally Posted by skyguide View Post
    It was an encouraging thought you put it here by sharing your success in SU. I was wondering the way you maintain the campaign in stumble upon. Can you please pm me some useful tips to drive traffic from SU.
    It takes 250 posts before you can receive or send PMs.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Stumbleupon is great for driving traffic and really helps earn money if you have cpm ads running on your site. Otherwise, it's probably not worth the effort since the traffic isn't sticky.

Like someone said previously, old-fashiined hard work is best. Fill with content, get backlinks, work on SEO, etc Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    It takes 250 posts before you can receive or send PMs.
    Thanks buddy for giving private attention to my request. I will take care with my good participation in SU.

Its good u have sale 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Decorative Ceiling Tiles View Post
    Hello,

I have recently try to get some traffic and sales from Stubmleupon. Spent about 300 and got a lot of traffic fast, only 5 small sales , most samples.

How do you get the right people to come to your site?
    Its good u have sale 5, but for me i think its not possible. If u done it u r lucky.
    Thanx

I did not have much sucess with stumbleupon. Sometimes even driving traffic seemed to be hard.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Used Stumbleupon about 5 years ago for backlinks, was good for about 6 months then started discounting it.

I never used StumbleUpon but I have been working on digg. Not just for traffic but more for SEO. Just an hour or two ago I had read an article in which the writer was saying that he advertised on various sites but it was reddit that gave him the maximum traffic. Social bookmarking has become very competitive especially between Digg, SU, Delicious and Reddit. Based on that article, I think you should try reddit.
    Last edited by Raindance; February 3rd, 2011 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raindance View Post
    I never used StumbleUpon but I have been working on digg. Not just for traffic but more for SEO. Just an hour or two ago I had read an article in which the writer was saying that he advertised on various sites but it was reddit that gave him the maximum traffic. Social bookmarking has become very competitive especially between Digg, SU, Delicious and Reddit. Based on that article, I think you should try reddit.
    I am not very good at social bookmarking and have never paid much attention to it, but now that I am restructuring my business I will have more time to really dig into world of online marketing and especially social media.

What exactly does Social Bookmarking means? Does it mean linking to my site from FB or so?

Please advise..

Social bookmarking works like saving favorites in IE or bookmarking in Firefox. Except that you're saving to a website (like StumbleUpon). Everyone can look at your bookmarks so people can search through content that other people have already bookmarked.
    Last edited by affilorama; February 3rd, 2011 at 09:15 PM.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

I have had really good results from bookmarking articles I have written or contributed to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast