Using more than one affiliate network to promote your product
    Hi all

Is there a reason you cannot or should not use more than one affiliate network to market a product?

I have heard that you could end up paying double commissions, but that doesn't actually make sense as the payment processing takes place through just one network and that network would be the one recording the sale. For example if I am selling through 2 networks, network a and network b

Buyer has visited sites from affiliates on each network and therefor has cookies for both. He ends up buying through network a. Network a records the sale and gives commissions to the affiliate responsible, but the affiliate from network b wouldn't be paid (no double commissions) as network a, I would think, doesn't send payment notification and tracking info to network b.

I have also heard that affiliates don't like it as they are concerned someone else would get credit for their sale. but again that doesn't make sense to me as if a buyer has visited 2 affiliates from the same network, the most recent one is the one that gets credit for the sale I thought/ So the first affiliate wouldn't get credit whether it was another affiliate from network a tat displaced them or an affiliate from network b?

I am sure I am missing something obvious here as I keep hearing you shouldn't use multiple networks and there must be good reasons for that. Would love to understand this better!

Thanks!

Ash

There are a number of things that can go wrong. You may find this discussion is covered in more depth here: Starting an Affiliate Program & Merchant Q&A - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum
    The search can help you find a lot of information to give you answers in a hurry.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread