Link building by forum posting [will get you banned]
    I think link building by posting in various forums is one of the great ways to increase site popularity. It brings visitors together with the backlink. However high PR reputed forums really count much.

It's also one of the best ways to lower your forum popularity. Make sure that the forums you drop links in allow it.

Wouldn't it suck to get bounced out of here; not get the backlinks you want and lose the opportunity for the knowledge that you need?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Also don't spam forums, sooner or later you will get caught. It is good to read there TOS on what you can do and what can't. Keep it clean and you'll get your backlinks and at the same time learn a lot.

Although its good that through link building is the best way to bring traffic but you will have to take part in another activities like forum postings

The effective link building should be focused with the relevant discussion boards that would be targeted a group of audience. It will be hard to maintain the links once you fail to comply with forum policies. Do much research and read the threads before you comment a thread in any forums.

skyguide hit a good point. Some people think that they can post anything on any forum and expect to not fail. Always stay relevant and ACTIVE!

Read forum the rules. I operate a coupons and products forum. I monitor the forum for spam and members who break the rules.

Many forums don't allow for including links.

Many forums also have strict signature policies that prohibit the use of links.

I would say most forums won't tolerate people using links that they feel are promoting the member's own business, unless it's been approved by the forum admin.

Quote Originally Posted by diane.jsmith View Post
    I think link building by posting in various forums is one of the great ways to increase site popularity. It brings visitors together with the backlink. However high PR reputed forums really count much.
    Most forums aren't created for the pleasure of those who would exploit them. If you don't have constructive contribution but only post to get backlinks, you would NOT be welcome...

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    If you think Google doesn;t see through the multiple forum sign ups you're kidding yourself.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Smile
    And also consider that most affiliate marketer and website owner use all kinds of media to promote their site., like forums, facebooks, twit, comments. Ofcourse we have to follow the rules of each one of them. Each have different rules. New forums needs people to post, so it's a give and take situations, I think

Make sure the forum is active. It doesn't make sense to waste your time on a forum that has the latest post in 1999. Also, contribute helpful stuff without dropping your link in every once in a while. Every post doesn't have to be a money maker, but remember that sometimes your reputation is on the line. Don't over do it.

12. Thanks From:

Smile got it
    got it

forum posting is good way of linkbuilding.
    But make sure you are posting a relevant information so that the forum will not think you are spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by acruz31 View Post
    forum posting is good way of linkbuilding.
    But make sure you are posting a relevant information so that the forum will not think you are spamming.
    Yeah, pull the wool over the administrators eyes and trick them into believing your posts are sincere and relevant only to get away with link dropping. This mentality is totally opposite that of a responsible forum member. Forums are usually not created for the pleasure of "link builders" [unless specifically intended for the purpose].

X

16. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by skyguide View Post
    The effective link building should be focused with the relevant discussion boards that would be targeted a group of audience. It will be hard to maintain the links once you fail to comply with forum policies. Do much research and read the threads before you comment a thread in any forums.
    yes, I agree!
    I experience before, when I was new doing forum posting, I always thought to be spammer. I didn't read the policies. It is really important to post relevant, informative and helpful content so that not only you will get advantage but also the people you may interact with.

Forums are around for a purpose - that purpose IS NOT LINK BUILDING!It takes a long time to build up a forum community and idiots who come along to drop a signature or worthless posts just to get a backlink are lowlife, and very disillusioned!
    The reality is this. Most folk who run or partake in forum life are passionate about the quality and integrity of its content. And trust me we can spot a spammer a mile away!
    The guys here do an exceptional job.
    Better to write valuable content that people will want to link to, which in the long run will serve you better!

Participating in forums is not any part of SEO. Those linkdrops are not backlinks. You may possibly gain some traffic if your posts are spectacularly targeted for the forum topics, but forums are communities and people need to earn credibility in the community before their links are seen as anything but self serving spam. If you have that much free time, you would be better off working on your site's content than looking for places to drop links.

20. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Participating in forums is not any part of SEO. Those linkdrops are not backlinks. You may possibly gain some traffic if your posts are spectacularly targeted for the forum topics, but forums are communities and people need to earn credibility in the community before their links are seen as anything but self serving spam. If you have that much free time, you would be better off working on your site's content than looking for places to drop links.
    Quite right. Forums are places you need to communicate with other forum memembers and share some useful information, links in you signature is more like a way to advertise, not just add links link to your wesbsite.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread