Using Online Press Releases to Promote a Network
    Has anyone had success with this? I'd rather not spend money on a premium service but will if it would yield much better results. Thanks in advance.

I've only used free press releases. They work for SEO purposes, but you're not going to get people from the general public that actually read that stuff.

I think it depends on your specifics. If you're going to have a natural audience, it could very well help.

First thing I'd be sure of is that the newswire is picked up by news.google.com. As a content provider, news.google.com is a reliable source of traffic and I search for my niche on it constantly. As far as which service to use, I'm a lifelong believer of 'you get what you pay for.' If free services could charge, I'm sure they would (at least most of them). If it were financially feasible, I'd definitely consider going with PRNewswire.com or Businesswire.com. Not only are they syndicated immensely (although duplicate content doesn't really do much for you there), but they offer free alerts to journalists so if your keywords match an interest, there's a better chance of it getting attention.

Thanks, I will look into PRNewswire and Businesswire. Heard good things about it, and if it will bring business than it may well be worth the price.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Search for PRWeb here as we used to discuss a lot.

Your best result can come from free Press release submission sites. You can do a search on them.

The best expert on press releases is Paul Hartunian. He has a free newsletter
    loaded with interesting tips.
    Last edited by 2busy; January 10th, 2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Removed link

I did that for several weeks, and those press release websites do got good ranking on search engines, the problem is i was using free service and they didn't allow me to add links in my posts, so i just quit. Maybe paid service will allow you add some links in your posts and i believe it will be helpful.
    Last edited by StoneWilson; January 13th, 2011 at 07:54 AM.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread