Came across a post on phil whiley forum thought i would post it here as it made me wonder too... about where other affiliates stand in regards to adsense earnigns and disclosing the amount to their accountants.. right now i write all mine down as income im yet to go to the accountant so im not sure wether to scrub that off my sheets lOL. so i dont get taxed on it..

here it is below ive pasted it in..

"Its come to my attention through chatting with certain people that growing trend is that people dont include their google adsense income in with their book keeping, and get taxed on it..

I dont even want to mention the names of some of the top content building site owners who do this. but i think you can guess. It was also hinted upon. in a major audio session too, then backed up through words of mouth

I personally dont have a problem with it.. if its ok to do..

the idea behind from what i was told was google adsense earnings really cant be tracked by the irs as your not required to fill in any EIN number information. so it doesnt get tracked.. leaving you with big sums of money that wont be taxed...

Legit? Fraud? tax evasion?

whats your take on it? Should we be announcing it as income or not?"

Confused. I think Google DOES collect that information and states it is required to.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> U.S. tax law requires that Google collect tax-related information from all AdSense publishers. Our records indicate that you have already submitted the appropriate information. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

-- Lewis Grizzard

ABW Ambassador
    Obviously you are required to report income Have you ever seen anywhere in the tax instructions that says anything like "Google income is excluded?"

It sounds like the poster is trying to stir up something.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    &gt; tax evasion?
    &gt; Google DOES collect that information and states it is
    &gt; required to report income

All three are correct.

All earnings should be reported, specially when you are dealing with a public company like Google.

Go back in history and see how many have fallen or gone to jail not because of bad crimes but because the IRS waited patiently for that little mistake.

My advice is 1 - get an S corporation 2 - declare all earnings 3 - write-off as much expenses as you can that are legit 4 - see your accountant for accuracy in all 3

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Good advice if you have a weight problem.

The vertical stripes on your shirt and pants will really make you look a lot thinner!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jrami:
    &gt; tax evasion?
    &gt; Google DOES collect that information and states it is
    &gt; required to report income

All three are correct.

All earnings should be reported, specially when you are dealing with a public company like Google.

Go back in history and see how many have fallen or gone to jail not because of bad crimes but because the IRS waited patiently for that little mistake.

My advice is 1 - get an S corporation 2 - declare all earnings 3 - write-off as much expenses as you can that are legit 4 - see your accountant for accuracy in all 3 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

why an S corp?? i was told the best one to have as an affiliate is a LLC corp?

can you explain difference thanks

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread