ABW Ambassador
    Affiliate Summit Platinum Pass Dining Options
    For those who got complementary platinum passes, I understand that breakfast and lunch options are not included!. I am scheduling couple of meetings bf/lunch meetings with those that have the paid platinum pass dining options?

Is there a way to pay for bf/lunch at ASW11 for those holding platinum comp. passes?

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals View Post
    For those who got complementary platinum passes, I understand that breakfast and lunch options are not included!. I am scheduling couple of meetings bf/lunch meetings with those that have the paid platinum pass dining options?

Is there a way to pay for bf/lunch at ASW11 for those holding platinum comp. passes?
    No, sorry, that's not an option.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

Dumb question...how do you know what kind of platinum pass you have? I didn't even know that there were some that did not include meals.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Complimentary passes are those that were offered as gifts or prizes. If you paid, it is a paid pass. The details were shown when complimentary pass winners registered.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Complimentary passes are those that were offered as gifts or prizes. If you paid, it is a paid pass. The details were shown when complimentary pass winners registered.
    I was neither of the above. LOL My first thought would be that if you got one for being a speaker it would be considered "complimentary" but then again it was not a "gift or prize" either. I'm hoping that by speaking we are earning our keep and get to eat.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

You might get a different answer from Shawn next time he's in, I only saw two kinds of passes on their site - I know mine is Complimentary and does not include any edible benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by helpingmoms View Post
    I was neither of the above. LOL My first thought would be that if you got one for being a speaker it would be considered "complimentary" but then again it was not a "gift or prize" either. I'm hoping that by speaking we are earning our keep and get to eat.
    Speakers have full passes with meals - they aren't really complimentary, since you're working for them.

Otherwise, any passes from contests, networks, etc. that were free are typically limited Platinums with no food.

Is this new this time around, or did it change a while back? I've always received full Platinum passes in the past.

No complaints, though. For free, it's still a good deal.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    Is this new this time around, or did it change a while back? I've always received full Platinum passes in the past.

No complaints, though. For free, it's still a good deal.
    We've done it for several Affiliate Summits - those free Platinums with food end up being rather expensive for us, especially when people don't eat, but we still have to pay for the headcount on the meals.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Collins View Post
    No, sorry, that's not an option.
    No problem. I scheduled those meetings elsewhere ... May be this will lead to some wasted food for you as those that were supposed to eat there will not be eating there!.

Well, I guess no matter what, you'll have some wastage when planning events for 1000s!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Collins View Post
    Speakers have full passes with meals - they aren't really complimentary, since you're working for them.

Otherwise, any passes from contests, networks, etc. that were free are typically limited Platinums with no food.
    I thought the complementary passes offered by NETWORKS are earned by them through other means such as having a large booth or buying in bulk. I did not know they were given to them for FREE to distribute. I always had at least 2 or 3 networks offering me the platinum passes each time ... So far I availed one each from CJ, LS, SAS, Buy.at complementary passes over the last 4 ASWs. And I assumed each time it was a gift for being their preferred / large publisher and they paid for me on my behalf and gifted to me!!. I am not sure if that is still not the case here.

Well, I am still happy to have the complementary pass, without the food option!. Other than for the convenience of scheduling meetings at breakfast or lunch (with those that have paid platinums), it is not much of a benefit to me in any case!.

I wish I received the complimentary passes sounds like a fun time

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by domster47 View Post
    I wish I received the complimentary passes sounds like a fun time
    Who doesn't wish ..
    Yes, definitely it is fun ...

I think the free passes need to be earned out too .. Work hard with networks / merchants / programs and I am sure you'll get access to those complimentary gifts!

Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals View Post

I have a platinum pass that does not include food. I wrote and asked if I could pay something to upgrade to the food option and was told that I could for $550. At that price, I passed on that option and will eat elsewhere. But if you want to pay and write inquiring, it seems like it is an option.
    Last edited by Carleenp; January 6th, 2011 at 10:15 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Carleenp View Post
    I have a platinum pass that does not include food. I wrote and asked if I could pay something to upgrade to the food option and was told that I could for $550. At that price, I passed on that option and will eat elsewhere. But if you want to pay and write inquiring, it seems like it is an option.
    I wouldn't blame you for passing on that price. You could comfortably do the Wynn buffet for approx $30 lunch or bf .. and grab whatever you want and they do have plenty of variety!!.

Any case, Shawn (co-founder of AS) confirmed that the food upgrade was not an option and I believe you must have got half baked response from an unknown employee at AS.

Considering my love of eating, the buffet will likely see me a couple of times during the summit!!! :

ABW Ambassador
    Carleenp, if you love of eating, you will be happy for buffets here. Look the at pics on yelp ..
    Buffet Sign Board 3/27/09 | Yelp

The food is amazing for $25 approx.! Even though it is tempting, I may have to pass on it in the interest of my tummy and find alternate places serving smaller food portions. That said, I may indulge on the buffet once if I could not resist myself from it

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread