The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    SAS Firsts
    Since it is the 10th anniversary year, I wanted to check which was the first SAS merchant and which is the longest lasting merchant. According to my research
    the first merchant was Gourmet Collection Gift Shop. Gourmet Collection Trademark, about Gourmet Collection, This collection of delicacies is perfect for the distinguished gourmet Connoisseur (merchant 100) who joined on 7/6/2000. Don't know how long they lasted though.

The longest running program was h2otest.com (merchant 142) who joined 7/31/2000 and last commissional transaction was 5/29/2010 (Says they are temporarily offline to date)

The longest one that generated at least one commission in Dec 2010 is Plus Size Clothing, Dresses and More - For Sophisticated Style Buy KIYONNA™ (merchant 293) who joined SAS Nov 10, 2000 and made a sale this morning.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Good research
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I think I probably have one of the oldest affiliate accounts. It's just four digits and starts with a 1.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Interesting thread, OJMOO. Thanks for sharing your research efforts. There is s lot of churn in this business and it is nice to see some merchants and affiliates who have been around a good while and still going strong.

As merchants, we love to see those 4-digit and 5-digit SAS affiliates sign up. We know they have been around a while and know the ropes.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    I think I probably have one of the oldest affiliate accounts. It's just four digits and starts with a 1.
    I just looked in Lobster Anywhere (originally started in 2002), and A Gift Personalized (2003), but I couldn't find any ID's older than Michael's.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I'm a 4 digiter too, but Coley has be by about 3000.

But anyway, it would be nice if to commemorate the 10th anniversary that SAS could look up stuff, like
    Which merchant was the first to generate a million dollars (or $100,000) in commissions
    Which merchant was the first to have 10,000 affiliates?
    Which merchant took the shortest time to get 10,000 affiliates?
    Who was the first merchant to have an affiliate that generated a million in sales all by themselves?
    Who is the all time commissions record holding merchant (i.e. which merchnat has generated more commisisons than any other)
    Which merchant has the most affiliates?
    Which merchant has the most active (made a sale in december) affiliates?
    Who is the most successful merchant who does not have a OPM?
    Who was the most successful merchant in 2000, 2001, 2002 etc?
    And other questions...
    Anniveraries are times to see where you started and how far you have gone it would b interesting and fun to see the research on these things.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Great idea! I'd love to see some of that.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I think that is a great idea also.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Great idea indeed - unfortunately none of that data is data that we'd be able to post as it doesn't really belong to us. Individual volume numbers or things along those lines would really be up to each individual Merchant to announce or post - and while I do have the numbers I can't put them up....

Hope to see you all at the 10th Anniversary Party in Las Vegas this Sunday!
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread