Ebook to bring traffic
    Hi,

I don't have a database of names. Do you think offering a free ebook attracting them to my site would bring lots of visitors?

it's typically used to get people to sign up to a mailing list. to actually bring in traffic, you still need a way to actually market that offer and that's probably even more challenging than good SEO and PPC I imagine.

Thanks for your reply.

If you had a 45,000 word ebook, but no contact database, what would you do?

My thought is to use it to get people to come to my site, with the offer of another free ebook, upon which they will leave their contact details.

Does anyone have a better method for utilising and gaining maximum leverage from an ebook?

The main problem with that idea is that they have to visit your site to know that you are offering a free ebook. Unless you plan to run a PPC campaign to give away your ebook it is not going to bring traffic just by offering it. That could be expensive. Free ebooks are all over the net.

well you can also do article marketing and put a link to your website (or specific squeeze page) at the bottom by specifying that you give an ebook for free to increase your click through rate.

a PR could help. or if your ebook heavily links back to your site, there may be ebook directories. a lot of people distribute through bittorrent as well. although you'll need an audience interested in your subject (or at least title).

Hi Guys and thanks for the replies, they are starting to help me formulate exactly what I want to do. So, I have this question:

What is the quickest, and preferably cheapest/free, way(s) of getting the ebook onto as many pc's as possible as quick as possible?

Also, what do you mean by "PR" bradk? Public Relations?
    Last edited by Silver007A; January 7th, 2011 at 01:41 PM.

press release specifically. prweb maybe

Thanks for your replies.

However, I don't have a list to send to yet :-(

I have a great landing page, a great ebook, loads of content ready to add to a site. I can produce other books on related subjects and videos and audios all really easily.

However, don't have much of a list. I like what you all stated, but really wonder if there a good way to get this book out there for free without needing a list or email addresses. I would then use the links in the book to draw them to my site with other "amazing" :-) offers. I just need to get the book in font of as many people and on as many pcs as possible beforehand, first, to then build the list. I think lol :-D

How would you experts suggest all us newbies out here get around that?

I'm off to get more coffee. This conundrum really is driving me mad 8-)

you can use article marketing or any social networking site and tell them that you're offering a free Ebook, this way you will build your email list and you will get visitors to your site at the same time. If you ask me an email list is very important to be successful, so the sooner you start building your list the better.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread