Auto Anything Dirty Tricks
    I am not sure how to report this, but I think it's pretty unfair.

I am promoting coupon codes on my website for AutoAnything. these of course are codes they have provided to affiliate in their network.

when you enter their coupon codes at checkout, i get a message saying you can't use the codes online...you have to call and you "may" be able to redeem them.

i see from searching other posts, autoanything has been guilty of this practice before. forgetting the auto industry for a second, can anyone tell me if other merchants do dirty little tricks like auto anything?

i just have never seen this before. this is just like blatant stealing. only way we'd get credit for orders is if the visitors purchase without a coupon code, but who's going to do that?

did you try other affiliate coupons too ?
    what are the results ?

the same results -- they wanted me to call in to redeem the coupons

ABW Ambassador
    I just tried and they worked fine for me.

I used the KEEP5 coupon for $5 off $75+. I put 1 item in the cart at $19.95 and tried the coupon and got the message you were getting, most likely because I didn't have an order of $75 or more. I changed the quantity to 4 bringing my total to $79.80 and then the coupon worked fine with this message:

The promo code KEEP5 is currently applied to your cart. ($5 off $75 or more)

Affiliate Manager
    Promotions
    Dear Cowboysfan-

The reason you're seeing that message is because the product in your cart is on the manufacturer exclusion list. These items are automatically excluded so that we comply with each manufactures' terms. When a customer adds an excluded product to their cart we ask the customer to call us because we are sometimes able to offer a price-match or drop on a one-to-one via phone.

I apologize for the confusion and understand that itís not the most favorable scenario for our publishers, but we have to comply with the restriction the manufactures put on us.

Below is a list of our day-to-day manufacturer restrictions, which you can find

Access Tonneaus, Air Lift, APM, ARB, Aries Off Road Grille Guard, BAK, Banks, Bedrug, Bedslide, Bestop, Bushwacker, CFM+, Covercraft, Curt, DBA, DiabloSport, DualLiner, EBC, Edge, Extang, Hi-Lift, KW Suspension, Lund Tonneaus, MBRP, Optima, Pace Edwards Tonneaus, Ranch Tonneaus, Ready Lift, Roll-N-Lock, S&B, Sherwood, SnowSport, Superchips, Supersprings, Superwinch, Thule, TonnoPro Tonneau, Truxedo, Undercover, Vision X, Warn Winches, WeatherTech and Yakima.

When that happens, do you have the customer complete the order online (so affiliates get proper credit) or do you accept it over the phone?

Have you considered adding phone tracking?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager
    Unfortunately, at this point we take the order over the phone because the site is hard coded not to accept discounts on manufacture restricted products. We are looking at join Pay-Per-Call this year.

>> Unfortunately, at this point we take the order over the phone because the site is hard coded not to accept discounts on manufacture restricted products. We are looking at join Pay-Per-Call this year

Then the message to buyer should be

"this coupon does not apply to "product X"
    if you want to buy product X, please do not redeem this coupon"

No need to turn this into a phone order.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread