Growerflowers Down or Closed?
    Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has heard if Growerflowers has gone down or closed? For several days their website and affiliate interface has gone down, when you visit their site you just get a blank white page.

But even more scary is that their Facebook page also seems to have gone, which suggests to me maybe they've closed down or something and perhaps not told their affiliates!?! (I didn't get any notification anyway).

If anyone's heard anything, would love to know.

Cheers
    Graeme

just tried to call their phone number and it says "no longer in service"

bugger! if they've gone down they owe me hundreds! plus all the work i've put into building their customer list.

Growerflowers.com out of business!!!!
    Wow! Growerflowers IS down. I have called Andrew Thieeson's cell phone and No answer.. We also have put 2 years of work into our site and they have not even had the integrity to contact any of thier affiliates! Does anyone have any ideas on what affiliates to go with with?
    warm regards
    Charlie Farricielli

Moderator Note: Removed reference to threat and manual sig
    Last edited by 2busy; January 4th, 2011 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Please read the rules

Hi Charlie, yes we've been affiliates with them for around 8 years, and assuming we don't hear from them again, we've lost around $700 in commissions for December alone. Some of that traffic we paid for too! It has certainly left a bad taste in my mouth, and have posted about it at www.southwestecommerce.com/blogs/growerflowers-is-closed-or-down.html

I think there's no option but to redesign our site to promote another flower merchant, as soon as possible. A search on Google shows that there's plenty out there, but I can't find one with a branded solution like they had, so it may need to be a different approach.

Cheers
    Graeme
    Last edited by swecs; January 4th, 2011 at 11:21 PM.

all these companies closing down is getting depressing

Certainly looks ominous - phones are busy, site blank, no orders, etc.

I've been promoting for GrowerFlowers.com for 10+ years - steady income EVERY month and they ALWAYS paid on time!! This totally blindsided me.

Last payment received 11-9-2010 for October, but nothing for November or December. I'm so used to their consistency, I didn't even think to check on them.

If anyone gets a working email address, phone number or some information - please post it here. Sickening that they would just shut their doors with no communication - my last order received was 12-26 and I usually generate 3-5 each day, so must have been right after Christmas.

I hope they have the decency to contact us, and payment for our earned commissions would be nice. Even partially.

Ive been dealing with them since October. I thought they were a great bunch of guys with a fantastic affiliate & White label program. I saw an article on them and their history ]HERE

The server is not offline, the domain simply results in a blank ASP page. Their email server should also be working because I see the emails don't bounce. One of the fax numbers answers, but I did not send a fax. Mark Thiessen's number on the Whois search also doesn't work.

To go out of business BEFORE Valentines Day makes zero sense, unless they don't want to pay taxes for fiscal year 2011.

Nevertheless, down or not, prudence demands seeking potential alternatives and backups.

Apart from FTD, who else has a decent WHITE LABEL flower program? I like GF because they were White Label and I could set my own prices.

Any help here appreciated greatly!

GrowerFlowers Out Of Business
    Hello
    I spoke with Mark and Andrew. Growerflowers IS Out Of Business. They have sent me a list of supplies that they are selling. Hard to believe!!! They are way over thier head.
    I am seeking help with dropship growers as well...Does anyone know who could help us all out??? Affiliate with white lable???
    Untill we find some company to help ...looks like we are all out of business...Im going to begin to ship a few products direct from our gardencenter in ct for now ...just to get back on line..
    We have all worked so hard getting traffic to our sites and this is going hurt our rankings... Thanks for the response...
    Charlie Farricielli

They owe me money also. I have subs under me that I need to pay on orders from November and December. Talk about hanging us out!!!! I would appreciate anyone who know another company that is set up like Grower was. I can't find one online as of yet. I have a feeling I was also being scammed, plenty of hits on my sites and not as many orders. I think maybe they not giving us all the credit we deserved. Might have to consider a law suit to go over the books.

Thumbs down
    I looked them up on linkedin. There is a Mark Thiessen that owns a huge capital management firm in Canada... Serious cash. It makes zero legal sense from a liability perspective to dump GF and run. Zero.

The only reason to close by end of year is to avoid paying taxes in 2012 for 2011 revenue.

With Valentines day approaching, closing makes also ...ZERO sense.

We seriously need white label drop shippers now, the more the merrier.

Let this be a lesson to all affiliates; what you work hard and build to promote may one day pull the rug out from under you. Private label has less risk, but you need multiple suppliers.

Growerflowers
    Hi,

Same thing happened to me. I had been dealing with them for the past 2 years with NO problems..... Suddenly, they stopped processing the orders, emails were not answered and website was not working.

I had to look for alternate and tied up with Flowers, Roses, Same-Day Online Florist | FromYouFlowers.com

Maybe you would want to try it too.

Thanks
    Ritu

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Wow - didn't take long for this merchant to prove themselves. I posted about their less than stellar treatment of affiliates and crappy products in this thread:
    Grower Flowers - Another bad merchant - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

And I'm so happy I pulled their links after reading your thread back then!
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Growerflowers - justflowers?
    We were with GrowerFlowers for years - always paid on time and did great with them - so big shocker when I went to update and they were gone -
    Looks like justflowers.com may have bought them out or something as they are now showing up on our roses4less branded site for growerflowers
    Anyone know anything about justflowers - they have an affiliate program at CJ but I don't see anything about being branded -

thanks for any info
    Deb

Hi Deb, it appears that JustFlowers.com may have bought the Growerflowers.com domain name. Apart from that, I don't believe they have bought the whole business or anything. So basically they've put up their own site at Growerflowers.com which sells their flowers. I don't think they offer any kind of branded affiliate program unfortunately.
    Graeme

GrowerFlowers
    We are a drop shipper of flowers. If anyone was using GrowerFlowers and needs help delivering flowers for Valentine's Day please let us know. Check out our site at (Removed)

Mike

Moderator Note: see http://www.abestweb.com/advertising/ for ads
    Last edited by 2busy; February 4th, 2011 at 09:33 AM.

I talk to Mike all the time, I'll fill him in on the rules, he really does run a nice operation and has been constantly expanding the flower lines. Since he's a newbe without PM rights I'll forward any questions to him and fill him in on the program announcement bit.
    Last edited by CCBerries; February 4th, 2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: can't spell

Did receive an invite from JustFlowers as a former Growerflowers aff to join their program. Decided to pass.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread