What to use to create websites for a begginer
    Hi I am new to affiliate marketing and building websites, I have read a lot about how I could make money and have come upp withe several ideas.
    Then it comes to the actual building of the sites, and i don't know any html or dreamweaver or frontpage. I tryed to do the demo apointment in dreamweaver a couple years back and it went well but I found my self still lost when it came to create an original website.

I would prefer to be able to work freely with my sites and dont be dependent on anyone else. I might learn to build sites the "hard" way after hand but i want to be able to start working on my first sites now and not wait 6 months or more.

From what I understand wordpress is ready made templates for sites wich I can fill with text and pictures but I can't alter much or can I?
    I might start with wordpress though. Are there any dissadvantages to wordpress more then less creativity, is it harder to rank well with such a simple site if the content is good? And if i start out with wordpress can I later edit thoose sites manually in some way once I have learnt Html, dreamweaver etc?

I have also seen software's like this: http://www.webstudio.com/default.asp
    It says it is easy to learn, any experiences? And if I make my sites with such a software will it be easy to open and change them later with something like dreamweaver?

I would really apreciate all adwice on this so I can get started.
    Last edited by 2busy; January 4th, 2011 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Unlinked URL

ABW Ambassador
    While I use Dreamweaver, it seems most newbies today use WordPress. Wordpress does take most of the hassle out of starting out a site. There's also a ton of plugins available to extend the functionality of WordPress.

Perhaps some of the people more experienced with WordPress than me can help you along.

Wordpress + Wordpress Plugins + Wordpress Forum + Google as a final resort will be all you need to do almost anything you want. This is how I started.

Also, for customizations, I thought it helped to use Dreamweaver to customize Wordpress themes, plugins, etc. But its definitely NOT needed.

Total cost to start: $0

Yep! gcarson is right! Wordpress is just what you need. And you can find awesome free themes if you google "free wordpress premium themes" for instance. And the plugins are very easy to install.

Website for newbies
    a
    Last edited by DiBond; January 6th, 2011 at 08:48 AM.

Website for Newbies
    Try Wordpress. Another is Godaddy - I used them for my first site and their support is second-to-none, and your website will be up and running immediate! They provide everything you could possibly need although I paid for my site. If you are not au fait with building a site then I would say find out about paying to have one done. It is worth it in the long run. I spent months on mine and then it wasn't still right. Good luck!

Thanks for the replys, I will look closer on wordpress and hope to be able to create lots of good websites with it.

Dibond, what was the problem that made your site take so long to build you think?
    I mean if you have a big site ofc it will take long but was it hard to learn how to build it, I thought wordpress was really simple if you are used to using computers for other things.

I would use wordpress, it's very easy and they have a lot of good plugins. You can make your blog look like a regular website.

Another is Godaddy - I used them for my first site and their support is second-to-none, and your website will be up and running immediate!
    Read around here and you'll see that GoDaddy is a good place to buy a domain, but one of the poorest places for hosting. Their sitebuilding utility only works on their hosting, it is not portable and that makes it a poor choice compared to WordPress.

positive aganic
    I would love to go with Drupal rather than wp and DW. The theme management and customization is very easy with Drupal.

hi guys,
    i think if you are planning to have a dynamic blog or site then the best is wordpress.
    and if you are interested in just static blogs then go for Blogger. it is easy and for beginners its awesom.e i myself have used blogger.com during my starting.
    thanks

what kind of comparison is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DiBond View Post
    Try Wordpress. Another is Godaddy - I used them for my first site and their support is second-to-none, and your website will be up and running immediate! They provide everything you could possibly need although I paid for my site. If you are not au fait with building a site then I would say find out about paying to have one done. It is worth it in the long run. I spent months on mine and then it wasn't still right. Good luck!
    Wordpress is blog platform and godaddy is a domain names reg and website hosting company. They are not comparable.

You can buy a hosting plan in godaddy and use fantastico to install wordpress blog script their.

Word Press is highly customizable and very search engine friendly. For newbies with no coding knowledge wordpress would be a good starter.

It is not recommended to buy your hosting at GoDaddy. Buy a domain there if you want, but they offer inferior hosting with some common hosting features disabled. Golden can will give you headaches on GoDaddy. GoDaddy does offer a utility to build a site with (WYSIWYG) but it is not portable.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    it is not recommended to buy your hosting at godaddy. Buy a domain there if you want, but they offer inferior hosting with some common hosting features disabled. Golden can will give you headaches on godaddy. Godaddy does offer a utility to build a site with (wysiwyg) but it is not portable.
    +1
    2busy knows about which she speaks. Pay heed.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I prefer for wordpress because it's easy and user friendly specially for the newbies. Wordpress has a web template system and users can re arrange widgets without editing PHP or HTML code.Besides the plugins are easy to install. I think wordpress will be a right choice for you.

wordpress is easy and user friendly..

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    I have to go with Wordpress also. They have a great forum to help you if you get stuck on something. I have several Wordpress sites and if I can build one, anyone can...and the more you experiment with them, the more fun they are.
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    It is not recommended to buy your hosting at GoDaddy. Buy a domain there if you want, but they offer inferior hosting with some common hosting features disabled. Golden can will give you headaches on GoDaddy. GoDaddy does offer a utility to build a site with (WYSIWYG) but it is not portable.
    To add to this. If you get setup at Godaddy hosting, and build a database driven site. Once you find their hosting to be inadequate to your growing needs, you may find transferring your site to another host to be a painfully manual transition.

Check out www.webhostingtalk.com for reviews on any one of the thousand cPanel web hosts. Once you're setup with an account, installing wordpress or any other popular open source CMS is often as simple as one click.

Then, should you find support or the hosting to be inadequate, moving is another simple one click process to do a full backup and move your whole account elsewhere.

GoDaddy / Namecheap for domains. (Don't use for hosting.)
    cPanel web host for hosting. (Don't use for domains.)
    Steven Clarke
    SeeksAdmin.com
    Join @ SAS
    Server Management Affiliate Program
    We specialize in making life easier for everyone. Focus on what you do best on the internet. We handle securing, optimizing, monitoring your servers 24/7! Commissions start at $45/sale + regular bonuses.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread