Auto Responder & Bulk email Questions
    Hi
    We have 5,500 emails that We have gathered over the past year by selling physical goods on eBay.co.uk

We now have a website and would like to be able email my existing customers once a month with new product news and include in the email a link to the new website, something like the way Amazon email their customers.

We have tried Aweber but they are very restrictive as to what We can do and don't seem to allow us to email our customers as this would be, for Aweber a direct first time contact, and thus not allowed.

We have had a business relationship during the past year with all of these customers via eBay and PayPal but none of them have gone through the double option process on Aweber. So there is no way to prove to AWeber that We are not just another spammer.

We am now looking at and considering
    1. mailloop-7 $197
    2. interspire $495

But the thing that concerns me with either of these 2 products is:

1. We would like to avoid the emails being marked as spam
    2. We would like to avoid losing my ISP connection (the ISP doesn't want to be marked as a spammer )
    3. If We install either of the above 2 products on my Hosting We would like to avoid losing my Hosting on Hostgator Baby Croc (who also doesn't want to be marked as a spammer)

Talking amongst ourselves we have mentioned
    1. authsmtp
    2. Virtual SMTP Servers
    3. Etc

but we are are groping in the dark and would be grateful for any advice

Best Regards
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by sausage_dog View Post
    1. We would like to avoid the emails being marked as spam
    2. We would like to avoid losing my ISP connection (the ISP doesn't want to be marked as a spammer )
    3. If We install either of the above 2 products on my Hosting We would like to avoid losing my Hosting on Hostgator Baby Croc (who also doesn't want to be marked as a spammer)
    These people didn't consent to receive monthly emails from you. They just purchased something from you on eBay. If you want to avoid being reported as a spammer, don't spam them. There's a reason reputable companies require a double opt-in.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    These people didn't consent to receive monthly emails from you. They just purchased something from you on eBay. If you want to avoid being reported as a spammer, don't spam them. There's a reason reputable companies require a double opt-in.
    Thanks Mike

It goes against the grain to discard 5500 emails, but I'll heed your advice

Regards
    HNY

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread