Started an affiliate shoe site about a month ago. It's based on style having a few informative pages.

But what really works best for shoes, besides offering sale/discount incentives?

For now I'm staying with general merchant links and six or seven pages of products, (3 to 5 per page) I don't beleive datafeeds would be worth the time for now especially given the updates.

In acquiring backlinks I've discovered many of these sites seem to be owned by few who are cross-linked among themselves. More so, than for other products (operate a shopping mall site too).

Sales will be based on SERP's as I've found pay per click models don't show the returns to justify.

Any suggestions or ideas?

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    scorey,

Don't know how long you've been doing this, but just wanted you to know you picked the category (shoes) most likely to result in returns (deductions)

Just warnin' ya so you don't think you're doing something wrong when you see all the red on your slaes charts.

and best of luck to you

Hi Billy Kay,

On my shopping mall site, honestly I'd have to check to see how many chargebacks there have been. What is glaring in my mind is computer liquidation items. >50% chargebacks

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    You'd have to search for the post, but there was one relatively recently where somone said "This shoe store stinks - does everyone else get this many returns"

And one of the replys was "All shoe stores have a high return. Some reasons:

1. A women will buy 10 pair online to see what they look like and return 9 of 'em"

2. Since they don't get to try them on online, they have NO CHOICE but to order 10 pair - just to see if they fit. And then return the 9 that are too tight.

3. The shade of mauve on the website doesn't match the shade in real life, so it's returned, etc.

All I know for sure is that when I get a $279 shoe sale from ANY shoe merchant, 10 days later it's in RED.

Can I ask what you're working on now?

Maybe I could help in some small way.

I've dealt with 100+ different merchants in many different categories.

Was it shoes.com that advertises no chargebacks?

I was just reminded of what you said, another CB for shoes.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread