What is the best time for affiliate to change the banner ads??
    What is the best time for affiliate to change the banner ads??
    Can you suggest how frequently affiliates should replace the banner ads of vendors?

Perhaps a couple other questions might be an even better place to start:

What type of creative is the most effective way for affiliates to promote merchants?

Should affiliates need to change out banners, or should merchants provide dynamically updated content (or both)?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I display dynamic creatives all over the place because they will never be out of date- as long as the program fits the content, let the merchant use the space for what they want to show. There have been very few cases where I've needed to prod the merchant for an outdated dynamic creative. I only wish they were the industry standard.

That works just as long as they keep the banner the same size. I've had them change the banner size and miss up the whole site.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    Perhaps a couple other questions might be an even better place to start:

What type of creative is the most effective way for affiliates to promote merchants?

Should affiliates need to change out banners, or should merchants provide dynamically updated content (or both)?
    waooo... that sounds cool
    thanks for modifying my topic i really appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    I display dynamic creatives all over the place because they will never be out of date- as long as the program fits the content, let the merchant use the space for what they want to show. There have been very few cases where I've needed to prod the merchant for an outdated dynamic creative. I only wish they were the industry standard.
    yes you are right, creatives should be dynamic because it works well for both the parties.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    That works just as long as they keep the banner the same size. I've had them change the banner size and miss up the whole site.
    thanks for the tip...

Affiliate Manager
    It also depends on where you are in the business cycle and what your product is. For example, the company I work for is gearing up for tax season, so we changed our banner ads over December and are promoting new ones now. Once tax season ends, we'll revert to either our older ads or design new ones altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by shoeboxed View Post
    It also depends on where you are in the business cycle and what your product is. For example, the company I work for is gearing up for tax season, so we changed our banner ads over December and are promoting new ones now. Once tax season ends, we'll revert to either our older ads or design new ones altogether.
    Yes, i have observed many companies change their banners on seasonal basis,when they are going to engage in some priority based activities.I'm agreed with you.
    [B][COLOR="Purple"]Maria Jarel[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="Black"] Partnerships Executive[/COLOR] |[COLOR="Green"] Logoinn.com [/COLOR]| [COLOR="DimGray"]The Art for Business
    [/COLOR]

Originally Posted by shoeboxed
    If you offered dynamic banners you could automatically change all banners for all affiliates using those banners at once.
    Much more effective than expecting all affiliates to drop everything and swap out banners when it is convenient for you. Schedules and priorities may not coincide with your schedule.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread