Sales drop after Holiday Season
    Hey everyone!

Just curious if most other companies usually see a significant drop in affiliate sales after December 31st. We are still getting sales, just not as many.

If you have affiliates that are still getting a bunch of sales around this time (first week of January), what type of sites/affiliates are they? Any tips or pointers to boost sales for this month?

Thanks in advance!
    -Jer

As a merchant we look forward to January - because January and February are the best months in the checks vertical.

As an affiliate I also look forward to January. Hotel reservations (what I've been doing for 11 years) always pick up around the middle of the month. I have already seen a couple of nice bookings for summer at the beach.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

there was a post earlier this week saying health related items pick up significantly in Jan/Feb

It all really depends on what your product is. Gift items and food products slow down until Valentine's Day. Health and wellness pick up now. Home and Garden items soar again in March.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Outsourced Program Manager
    I am seeing a sllight drop in Jewlery sales but was expecting nothing after xmas.
    Hotel bookings are up
    Digestinol is up over Dec as well
    Last edited by Richard - AMWSO; January 7th, 2011 at 05:36 AM.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Health, wellness and fitness products are always good for Jan, millions of people swearing to shed weight, get fit, live better and so on, investing in a wide range of products design and marketed to fit this desire, many of them launch their "latest" editions/updates at this time of the year too.

Another good area is the "give it up" niche. People wanting to stop smoking, drinking, eating chocolate etc. All good markets to look into

Cheers

Chris
    Last edited by Chris - AMWSO; January 7th, 2011 at 07:34 AM.
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Thanks for the information everyone. We are in the gadget/gift niche, but we can incorporate some of the health/wellness/fitness products for sure. The "give it up" niche is another cool idea we might try!

Thanks again!
    Jeremy Hunter
    [SIZE="1"][I]Affiliate Manger for Convenient Gadgets & Gifts[/I][/SIZE]

Diversity of niche
    Every niche has a trend timeline. I'm a manager @ Walmart by day, affiliate marketer by night, (weekends, lunch break, every spare moment). Walk into your local big box store and watch how fast they change product features. This is tax time, Superbowl, Valentines, cold weather gear. Your next niche idea is right in front of you wherever you shop. You truly can make money all year round.

Hey there, Skip. Welcome to ABestWeb. Good comments there - and right on target. No need to re-invent the wheel or spend money on market research. Let the "big boys" do that. They've got the resources and we can go along door the ride - if we take the time to look around and think about what we are seeing..
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread