How many sites to aim for pros and cons
    Hi

I am thinking about how many sites I would have to make to make 100k a year, and 1 million a year. I know I gotta start with the first step, the first site and do lots of good work first but still this is interesting to have some idea of.
    I am thinking about if I make 200 smaller quality websites that take about a week per site to make and that generates 500 dollar a year per site on average or if it is better to try to make 10 big quality sites that make 10 000 dollar a year per site on average. Ocfourse there is no one way of doing things but what are the pros and cons of doing this one way or the other.

I'd prefer to have mostly rather timless content and after the site is built and filled just make aditions every now and then when I feel inspierd. I also would prefer to have affiliateprograms that are long term and hands off such as adsense so the sites can just sort them selfes.
    This is crusial if I will make more than 50 sites cause I would never find the time to constantyl be looking for new deals and switching and stuff. So are there any more programs that are hands off that are good?

Thanks

There really is no good way to answer your question -- and I really don't know if I understand the question? You concluded by asking, "Are there any more programs that are hands off that are good?" -- but you never even mentioned a specific "program" that you're working with.

In the first place, affiliate marketing or ANY type of Internet marketing and site building is NOT "science" that can be duplicated until "$10 per site per month" becomes $XXXX.XX per month income. It simply doesn't work that way, and any of the "gurus" who tell you it does are simply stealing your money to tell you that.

People are unpredictable, niches come and niches go, etc.

My best advice is to find something you really like to do -- then work it to death adding good content and content that people are searching for to draw them to your website to meet their needs related to that content.

As for how many websites it takes to make "X" amount of money? No way to tell.
    Generate more fake news.

You sound a bit overwhelmed. I know the feeling.

I think you should use all the available free resources to learn as much as you can about building and profiting from your own websites. There is a lot of great free info out there.

Watch out for scams. Unfortunately, there are a lot of dishonest, greedy, marketers out there who are willing to take your money and provide little to nothing in return.

It's your responsibility to protect yourself.

You also mentioned affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is a legitimate and relatively easy way to get started. Check out and compare several programs that offer good commissions, plenty of support and plenty of ready to go advertising options.

Good luck.

Thanks for replying I apreciate it.
    First off I haven't listened to any particular guru but have searched for information all over the internett and read and read and read and have a pretty good understanding off in what ways it is possible to make money online and what are mainly scams and I have never payed for any guruprogram or anything like that.

Maybe I wasn't clear with my question, my intention wasn't really asking for a certain nr of sites that would make me a certain amount of money but rather was wondering if building many smaller(exactly how small I don't know really) or a few really big sites(as big as I could make them) is the best way to making a lot of money wich is my goal with this? And why you think doing it one way or the other is good or both?

About the affiliate programs I was wondering what programs are hands of like google adsense is, meaning I put the ads where I want to show them and they automaticaly show ads related to my content. This would be important if I make many sites beacuse I wouldnt have time to constantly check if ad campaigns where running out, looking for new offers and changing them if I have many sites. If I have a few sites only I can do this but prefer to not have to do it very often, I want to deliver good things to people but then I want this to be as much passive income as possible.
    So any more affiliate programs that work very automated like this would be nice to know of.

I hope this is a little clearer and that I can get some more good responses.
    Last edited by breakingtheborders; January 6th, 2011 at 08:31 PM.

Smile
    Hello again.

Automated, hands free, set it and forget it, these are all buzz words that you'll see attached to almost every offer. It's what we're all looking for.
    But, honestly, even the simplest systems take effort and persistence.

I'm no expert at all of this (not yet anyway). Sorry if I made you think I had the definitive answers to your questions.

I'm sure you'll figure out your own successful methods for making a living online.

Never give up, never surrender.

You know don't take this the wrong way but you shouldn't focus on how many websites you need to have to make 100k a year and so on, I recommend for new people to start small, have small goals, lets say focus on making 10 dollars a day that should be your goal.

It's also hard to say how many websites you need to make any type of amount, you'll have some sites that will make you 5 dollars a day and some will make you 200 so just focus on making 10 bucks a day and start out small.

How Many Sites
    Talking of building say 10 or 20 sites; so how many sites do affiliates usually have and am I a bit behind with only having 3? I suppose if you have a site for each product or campaign then this is where the 10 or 20 could come in?? help I'm lost ....

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread