Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate discussion help me...
    hello everyone, am doing some analysis on affiliate programs, so am stucked with a question that is How Coupon Affiliates are better than Conventional Affiliates? kindly help me out
    Last edited by maria jarel; January 7th, 2011 at 02:29 AM. Reason: wrong word

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maria jarel View Post
    hello everyone, am doing some analysis on affiliate programs, so am stucked with a question that is How Coupon Affiliates are better than normal Affiliates? kindly help me out
    Better? "Normal"?

That is an insult to MOST of the industry.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    Better? "Normal"?

That is an insult to MOST of the industry.
    i meant to say Conventional Affiliates,sorry for using inappropriate word.i fix it

You just re-arranged the deck chairs.

"Better"?
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

You just re-arranged the deck chairs.

"Better"?
    am conducting an analysis on affiliate programs, where i need to compare the conventional affiliates with the coupon affiliates,what is so wrong with it.this is the thing i want to figure out thats all, i didn't meant to insult any one its just a common question

You have and you still don't get it.

You have and you still don't get it.
    thank you very much...

In your original question, you asked "how coupon affiliates are better" than conventional affiliates.

They're not better.. it's just a different business model.

There is no answer to your question - if you think being a coupon affiliate is potentially better for you (or your site), that's fine, it's your own opinion.

Using the word "better" insults non-coupon affiliates...

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    In your original question, you asked "how coupon affiliates are better" than conventional affiliates.

They're not better.. it's just a different business model.

There is no answer to your question - if you think being a coupon affiliate is potentially better for you (or your site), that's fine, it's your own opinion.

Using the word "better" insults non-coupon affiliates...
    i had no intension to insult any one... iam totally a new person in affiliate marketing as you can see my posts status. instead of pin pointing on me you people should help me out.. there are many better ways through which you can give me a guidlines i would definetly appericiate it.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    How about this. If you want to know which is better, you have to interview a bunch of affiliates of each type and then draw your own conclusions....Of course, when you say conventional, do you mean niche affiliates, or blogger affiliates or PPC affiliates, people who want to monitize an already successful website, etc?
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

You have it all wrong. Coupon affiliates aren't better than conventional affiliates. Texas affiliates are better all other affiliates.

Coupon affiliates are a two-edged sword. On the positive side, they often have loyal customer bases, deliver high-converting customers, and can often generate a significant amount of volume. On the negative side, they generally result in lower margins, some coupon sites are less than ethical, and if you don't handle the "coupon code box" right you'll be paying for more coupon affiliate sales than you need to.

But I do have to agree with the observation that others have made (quite civilly, IMHO): By saying that coupon sites are better (and we're not!), you're telling everyone else that they're second-class affiliates. That's very damaging to your affiliate program.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I don't think any of us are quite "normal." just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ΤΏΤ¬ View Post
    I don't think any of us are quite "normal." just sayin'
    If we were, we would "Owe our soul to the company store", like most 9-to-5ers. Instead, even if not doing better financially, at least we relish our independence.

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Are you asking this from a merchant or from an affiliate side? Are you just wanting to compare having a coupon site as opposed to a non coupon site, or as a merchant allowing coupon sites as opposed to not allowing them?

I don't think you are trying to be mean here, I think maybe your wording is just wrong and no one should take insult to this. Maybe you can clarify this for us a little better.
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

am conducting an analysis on affiliate programs, where i need to compare the conventional affiliates with the coupon affiliates,what is so wrong with it.this is the thing i want to figure out thats all, i didn't meant to insult any one its just a common question
    I really have a hard time reading posts that don't capitalize where required. It can't take that long to hit the old shift key.

Quote Originally Posted by oranges View Post
    How about this. If you want to know which is better, you have to interview a bunch of affiliates of each type and then draw your own conclusions....Of course, when you say conventional, do you mean niche affiliates, or blogger affiliates or PPC affiliates, people who want to monitize an already successful website, etc?
    thanks for your advice, am going to conduct a group discussion with few the affiliates,& about conventional affiliates i meant "niche affiliates,blogger affiliates & PPC affiliates" & coupon affiliates are those who puts the coupon of merchant's at their web pages or any other space.am totally new in this field so trying hard to understand the things.
    [B][COLOR="Purple"]Maria Jarel[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="Black"] Partnerships Executive[/COLOR] |[COLOR="Green"] Logoinn.com [/COLOR]| [COLOR="DimGray"]The Art for Business
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    You have it all wrong. Coupon affiliates aren't better than conventional affiliates. Texas affiliates are better all other affiliates.

Coupon affiliates are a two-edged sword. On the positive side, they often have loyal customer bases, deliver high-converting customers, and can often generate a significant amount of volume. On the negative side, they generally result in lower margins, some coupon sites are less than ethical, and if you don't handle the "coupon code box" right you'll be paying for more coupon affiliate sales than you need to.

But I do have to agree with the observation that others have made (quite civilly, IMHO): By saying that coupon sites are better (and we're not!), you're telling everyone else that they're second-class affiliates. That's very damaging to your affiliate program.
    MichaelColey,
    i didn't meant to telling any one that they belongs to a second class its a common discussion about the affiliate's offered services.
    well thanks for statement it sounds very useful tip.
    [COLOR="Black"] Partnerships Executive[/COLOR] |[COLOR="Green"] Logoinn.com [/COLOR]| [COLOR="DimGray"]The Art for Business
    [/COLOR]

If we were, we would "Owe our soul to the company store", like most 9-to-5ers. Instead, even if not doing better financially, at least we relish our independence.
    nice!
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by sunshiner View Post
    Are you asking this from a merchant or from an affiliate side? Are you just wanting to compare having a coupon site as opposed to a non coupon site, or as a merchant allowing coupon sites as opposed to not allowing them?

I don't think you are trying to be mean here, I think maybe your wording is just wrong and no one should take insult to this. Maybe you can clarify this for us a little better.
    Sunshiner,
    am a merchant, I am asking this question just to analyse what people thinks about the two sort of affiliates thats all.you are right might be theres some misunderstanding been created and people are taking it on heart that I am attacking by Calling them as a normal affiliates, anyhow i did cleared the things in my previous posts.
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by John Powell View Post
    I really have a hard time reading posts that don't capitalize where required. It can't take that long to hit the old shift key.
    Really??thats so strange
    [/COLOR]

It is not that strange to expect professionals to use proper caps. It makes people have less respect for the poster who does not bother to properly capitalize a post. Anyone can have a typo, but if you wish to convey a professional image you will follow the rules of grammar. It only makes you look unprofessional and the suggestion was an effort to help you avoid that.

Hello Maria,
    On LinkedIn, your profile shows that you have an MBA in Marketing & Branding from De Montfort University in Leicester. This is truly frightening beyond all words.

A prerequisite for effective marketing is being able to clearly communicate in English, which you can't. Your sarcasm in response to even using a shift key shows you have nothing but contempt and aren't here to learn at all.

As an affiliate manager, you d*mn well better be able to communicate clearly & professionally in the business world. If English isn't your native language, then get yourself posthaste into an ESL (English as a Second Language) program.

For an attitude adjustment, read Dale Carnegie's classic "How to Win Friends and Influence People."
    Last edited by JoyUnltd; January 10th, 2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Grammar cx, 2X. Errors made by passion :-p
    Renιe
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Really??thats so strange
    No, it's not "strange" -- it's literate.

But honest-to-goodness literacy has fallen into disfavor these days (heck, the last decade at least).
    Generate more fake news.

Dear Ambassadors & moderator,
    I am surprized on your remarkable comments, if by mistakenly I writtern the comments casually as you says that is not in a proper capitalize form etc, you people are insulting me too much for this. I told you that I am new to Affiliate Marketing it will take time to develop understanding.
    yes english is not my native langauge i studied from Uk but I migrated from Germany.
    There are many other ways which you can use to tell me the right thing politely.
    [/COLOR]

I believe you got these responses because of your comment
    Originally Posted by maria jarel

Really??thats so strange
    To get polite you gotta be polite.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast