Thumbs down SecondSpin Linkshare not tracking
    I placed an order with SecondSpin of Linkshare before Christmas and it did not track. I submitted a transaction inquiry after 7 days and it was resolved in 2 days. I have placed another order with SecondSpin and that one has not tracked.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Did you see the tracking / cookie fire at the confirmation page?

I am sorry that it took so long to answer this. Yes, I saw my Linkshare code when I clicked through from my site to SecondSpin but when I went to another page on the SecondSpin site, I noticed everything disappeared.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Yes, I saw my Linkshare code when I clicked through from my site to SecondSpin but when I went to another page on the SecondSpin site, I noticed everything disappeared.
    The address bar of the browser does not matter. What Eric meant is did you check the source code on the "thank you for your order" page to see if a tracking pixel was loaded.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

No I did not check it.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Checking this is the only way to know if the merchant is cheating affiliates, or if it is a garden-variety tracking problem.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

To give everyone an update, I contacted both the merchant and Linkshare about this. The merchant said it was a Linkshare problem. Linkshare said it was a merchant problem. Now neither one will response to my emails and I never got credit for the sale. Though the commission was probably around a $1, I have been doing this since 2002 and have never been "tossed aside" by a merchant and a network like I have in this matter.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Quit putting out links for LinkShare Merchants.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I have SecondSpin on my black list and have for some time. My black list prevents me from re-joining a program by mistake. Because I run so many programs, it is hard to keep track.

I don't remember the specifics of why SecondSpin is on my black list, but the general take-a-way would be that I couldn't make money from their program.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I used to be in their program back when they were an indie. I've been totally unimpressed since they moved to LinkShare. First, they zeroed out my balance and never paid my old commissions. Second, they cut the commissions in half. Third, they don't convert very well. Combine low AOV, low comissions, tracking problems, and an apparent lack of active program management, and you have a program doomed to failure.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    I used to be in their program back when they were an indie. ... First, they zeroed out my balance and never paid my old commissions.
    Ah yes, that rings a bell.... They zero'd my balance on their Indie program and didn't pay me as well. Fast forward a couple of years and I re-joined them on LinkShare, but only worked with them for a few months before I black listed them.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    All those things aside for Second Spin and their doomed program.

I am just curious if they are doing batch leads to LS via LStransfer (old school) or the newer real time?

If LStrans failed, they can recover it and resend the data to Linkshare. We have seen that happen to Easy Click Travel back in the Nunez days.

If the newer application was used, then data cannot be recovered.

I have no idea as I can't get the AM to response to my emails nor can I get Linkshare to response. It's a shame as I purchase 100's of music CDs a year and they really had the best prices. Not any more.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread