Exclamation Special Council on Tax Reform and Fairness for Georgians to Hold Pres
    I'm packing for ASW11 and wrapping up work this afternoon. I cannot attend this press conference.

The Special Council on Tax Reform and Fairness has notified both the offices of House Speaker Ralston and Lieutenant Governor Cagle that they have completed their report and will submit it today. It will be made available online at 2pm on the Tax Reform Council’s website found at the following address:
    Special Council on Tax Reform and Fairness for Georgians
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

The interesting section is on page 28 of this document:

http://fiscalresearch.gsu.edu/taxcou...Jan_7_2011.pdf

They don't seem to recommend an Amazon Affiliate Nexus type approach, but who knows what will happen when politicians make the decisions. Here is their recommendations on collecting sales and use tax on Internet purchases:
    The Council recommends that Georgia be brought into full compliance with the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement. Further, the Council recommends that measures be adopted to collect sales and use tax on remote purchases on a voluntary basis, such as using state resources and/or external recruiters, to entice the remote vendors to collect sales and use taxes for Georgia.
    Last edited by isellstuff; January 7th, 2011 at 03:36 PM.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Rebecca from the PMA flew to Georgia in the fall and met me at one of the fact finding sessions with the council. She testified briefly and I think her appearance helped keep them clear of looking into the Amazon tax further.

I'll try to keep on top of any potential legislation and help her anyway I can here on the ground in Georgia.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread