Smile What is a good web hosting provider?
    Hi!

So far, GoDaddy's prices seem good for one domain at 3 months for C$4.96/mo. That's close to $15 for 3 months which is not that bad. I just want to make up that much money including $10 for domain name in my profits in three months. My niche is "Flight Simulation", and I have already written a review, and Sales Page. The site also gives me 10 articles for free to use.

Now, the problem is that I am new, young, and frustrated. That means that I am desperate to earn money. I know enough about Flight Simulation to go with it. Is it worth it to go for a free web hosting service and suffer from their ads and hiccups, or should I just go with GoDaddy, and give it my best. If I make profits in three months, I will definitely invest more. For now, I barely have a steady job, and am willing to give my best.

I have a $25 gift card from my old job, and want to go for it. Any suggestions? Plus, I am new, so I want a section for blogs too.

Godaddy sucks. They're arguably the best place to register a domain, but for hosting...

Try lunarpages, inmotionhosting, hostrocket
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I have to agree, find a better host. Also you may possibly need to allow more than a month or two to recoup your investment, depending on a lot of factors like competition, site quality, merchant quality and traffic generation just to name a few issues. You don't want to quit a job on hopes of quick riches because it can take time to make it happen. Affiliate marketing is not a way to quick wealth especially if you are
    desperate to earn money.
    It can take time and dedication or funds to run PPC campaigns to make it produce even the first sale.
    Good luck.

Hi!

Thank you for the responses. I did not quit my job, but rather that they don't need people at this time, so I am in a temporary timeoff. I also have a technical diploma in Industrial Instrumentation Engineering Technology, but due to the recession could not even secure a single job for the past year. Affiliate Marketing is just something I do as a side job, and hobby.

I know that I won't be making much money, and this point of time, I don't even care about get rich quick schemes, but what I do care about is making enough money to cover the cost of my domain name, and web hosting. I am doing this secretly since no one has any faith on me, and I don't want to fail in this one thing too.

I liked GoDaddy because it fit my budget. I need something that is around $25 limit, and covers three to six months. I am already poor, so I want to test this out instead of convincing my parents or sisters about why I need $60 right now. They will automatically assume I am a no gooder.

If I am desperate, it is because of the recession. I could not secure one job in my field, and that really hurts me. I have known about Affiliate Marketing for a while now, and I discovered it during my phase of investing. I am a book reader, so that helps to inspire me too.

Anyways, if you guys know of any reliable servers which I can test for three to six months with my budget, then that would be great. The free ones are too risky at this point. Thank you very much for helping me out. It means a lot.

Unfortunately, GoDaddy has the best plan for my budget of $25 for 3 months. The rest charge too much in one month, or have a yearly purchase system.

I am pretty confident about my niche. I will do youtube promotion, Yahoo Answers help, backlinking from Cracked article on flight simulation and listverse, write articles on Ezine, etc. etc. I am bound to get some traffic from that, right? If I can manage to do those in three months, alongside with a blog it should amount to something for optimization.

Avoid free hosting: Use HostGator, 1and1, OLM, many others
    I would strongly suggest you avoid free hosting. Frequently it disappears and you are up a creek, without a paddle. Also, frequently, the quality of free service is not good.

GoDaddy is great for domain registrations, however, on WebHostingTalk.com (sister site of ABW) they do not have a good reputation for hosting.

Suggest you look on WebHostingTalk.com for Reviews and for offers (and discount codes). There are many excellent web hosting companies. For their huge size, HostGator has an excellent reputation on WHT, which is incredible, for a huge company. 1and1 apparently has excellent servers and network. OLM, MDD, and many many others.

Bad idea to have your domain registered with your web hosting company. Always have your domains registered somewhere else, so if something happens, you do not lose your domain to your web hosting company.

Also, not a good idea to use a proprietary "site builder" to create your web pages. If you move to another web hosting company, you may lose all of your work. GL!

Go to WebHostingTalk.com and look for a promotional code for HawkHost. You can get a year of shared hosting for just under twenty bucks and they are surprisingly good.

Hawk Host (it's at hawhost dot com) has a shared hosting plan much better than Godaddy.com for $5.95 per month if paid monthly, $5.75 per month if paid for as 3 months at a time.

I hosted with them for awhile. They are reliable, their support good via email.

I would also encourage you to go to webhostingtalk.com and check around there. You can probably find reviews of Hawk Host and others there too.
    Generate more fake news.

Looking for advice
    Hi guys,

I am really happy! I am more than happy with the affordability of HawkHost. I am going for the Basic Shared Hosting plan. Below is the webpage with details. I was really close to purchasing it, but want to know from you guys.

Hawk Host - Shared Hosting

I use KompoZer to help me with web page building. My niche is "flight simulation". I am new, so it will be a pain to set up a blog in my site, and have bookmark options, and comments sections on certain pages.

I only wish that I will be successful this time around, and even have a 50% coupon code off. I have several questions.

1. My site will have loads of pictures, and several videos. Will the basic package cover it including some fancy css background, or should I go for the standard package?

2. Should I purchase a plan for three months, six months, or twelve months? With three month plan, I can test it out, and not resume if my site pans or if it gets to the point where I make a mistake. With twelve months, I get a lower rate, and go for it for one full year.

Thank you guys. I would not have known what to do without you. It really helps.

Godaddy hosting is pretty bad, you want to at least get a hosting provider that offers cpanel. Godaddy has their own control panel software, no sense in learning how to use a control panel that is only used at one host.

If you want shared hosting or dedicated server I would recommend hostgator.com, if you want a vps system or a hybrid server I would recommend Knownhost.com. You will not go wrong with either solution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAstonMartian View Post

1. My site will have loads of pictures, and several videos. Will the basic package cover it including some fancy css background, or should I go for the standard package?

2. Should I purchase a plan for three months, six months, or twelve months? With three month plan, I can test it out, and not resume if my site pans or if it gets to the point where I make a mistake. With twelve months, I get a lower rate, and go for it for one full year.

Thank you guys. I would not have known what to do without you. It really helps.
    I would go with the basic plan for 3 months. If you load your disk space it's usually real easy to bump it up. 3 months won't tie you down in case you need to move to something that you feel is better down the road. I have always done month to month, but don't use the provider in question and never have.

Thank you very much. I will use three months then.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread