Thoughts on a "Review" site?
    Well, I guess I'll get started here:

My idea is to start a "review Site" to compare different services that center around a central topic with affiliate links posted in the review. This would NOT be a site to "bash" one service Vs. another, but a site to highlight the features of one service vs. another. (services, prices, expertise, other valuable features) and let the reader decide which service best suits their individual needs.
    I've sourced out at least 20 services who do offer affiliate programs with back-end tracking. I've also read in this forum about assessing any possible "leaks" in their systems (great advice)
    I would position it through organic searches as I've done preliminary "backlink" studies, and find that I should be able to (over time) rank very high in my chosen "niche" keywords.
    Do you think this sounds viable? Do you think I'll have problems with "no-competition" type clauses? (haven't presented website idea to vendors yet)
    Any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

Sounds like a great plan to me. The more useful you can make it for people trying to decide which service would work best for them, the better.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I actually have about twelve sites like these and they are the best money makers.

I dont think there is any problem with a no competition clause. There are many sites like this on the net already. I assume they are doing well otherwise more of them would not keep poping up.

Very Encouraging, Thank you for the response
    Very Encouraging! Thank you for your responses.
    Anyone have any good examples of websites or designs or where to go find a nice template? Recommended reading? What's would you do next?

What is a "no competition" clause?

Wordpress has a huge range of templates for a website
    Last edited by andyparks16; January 11th, 2011 at 07:01 AM.

I can't think of any merchants that have such a clause right now. They're extremely rare, and usually don't last very long. Basically what the OP is talking about is a merchant that doesn't allow their affiliates to promote competitors either on the same page or site.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

If done correct review sites will always make you money. Recently I read that if you compare two products side by side and give pros and cons they seem to be converting the best.

I own a few of these and they convert pretty nicely too.

congratulations
    best of luck

Hi,

Your plan is great and working perfectly for many affiliate marketers. It would be great if you can add a personal touch to your reviews.

Since you used the services, it is easy to tell a story about how a particular service helped you. People like stories and spend time to read. Even in
    copy writing story telling is a very popular model.

Wish you all the best

Regards

Nikhil

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread