Thread: Payoneer is no longer available on buy.at network??!!!

Thumbs down Payoneer is no longer available on buy.at network??!!!
    After 3 weeks of desperate attempts to get an answer to a simple question regarding payouts with Payoneer prepaid Mastercard (that buy.at so eagerly advertises in forums) from buy.at support, being sent back and forth and answers like:
    "Im not sure about Payoneer, but believe we have a tried and trusted secure system of paying our global affiliates. Im sure Gregory will be able to give you a more direct answer."

I finally received the following statement from Gregory Bennett at buy.at:

Payoneer is no longer available for affiliates on the buy.at network, which is why you can not choose this option when trying to sort your payment details. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I am totally confused and struck how buy.at works. I just applied for Payoneer prepaid card with buy.at in the end of November 2010, waited whole month, finally received the card by Christmas. That is it. I do have Prepaid MasterCard set as payment methiod in my buy.at account!!

Can anyone from incredible buy.at support explain what on earth is happening?? By the way, on the 23rd of December I got the following response from another buy.at support representative (ticket #FJX-94019-772):

"Yes, you are a hundred percent correct. Buy.at does promote and use Payoneer as a payment option."

Does anyone currently get payments with Payoner from buy.at?

Thank you.

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Hello,

Thank you for posting. I apologize for the confusion, and am happy to help set the record straight.

We have recently opted to discontinue the option of the Payoneer card for new buy.at affiliates only. If you have the card currently, then you will be able to use it to access your payments.

I am currently attending Affiliate Summit West, but am happy to assist by phone if you would like with additional information. Please feel free to contact me directly on 410-302-0109, and I will be happy to help.

Many thanks,
    Kim
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

This is the reason I haven't expanded with buy.at - I find it hard to believe in today's electronic banking environment that I'm forced to meet a minimum 250 balance before I get paid for UK transactions. That's $400...

And I didn't want to pay monthly fees out of my own (commission) pocket for the debit card.

I may be in Canada, but the other networks have no problem issuing chqs or transfers well below that amount.
    Last edited by teezone; January 11th, 2011 at 12:34 PM.

Hi teezone -

Thank you for your comments, we always appreciate feedback.

The minimums for the card are set by Payoneer - is that what you're referring to? Or the ability of our network to pay out via other payment methods?

-Amy

Hi Amy, I've tried to communicate this a number of times in the past..

I have no interest in a debit/credit card where I have to pay monthly fees/admin charges to maintain - I'm running a business and want proper deposits, not access to cash.

I have a balance in GBP, every payment option I try to setup tells me the minimum payout is GBP 250. I haven't seen that high a number since I accidentally joined the German division of another network (I'm in Canada).

I do plenty of GBP transactions - the other networks issue frequent payments in smaller and larger amounts alike. Just not subject to a USD 400 minimum.

The electronic banking system between Canada & US works just fine - it's not cost-prohibitive.

As I said, this has stopped me from expanding the relationship with buy.at. I don't know what the minimum USD payout to a Canadian bank account would be - I can't access US merchants as every time I login, it forces me to UK (even when I change the preference), possibly because I haven't set up payment details.

I just don't have time to chase this down - it's easier to promote elsewhere. But every once in a while I'm reminded to follow-up.
    Last edited by teezone; January 18th, 2011 at 04:32 PM.

Hi teezone,

Apologies for the repetition in communicating this to us while I’m getting up to speed on the issue – I realize this is quite frustrating for you.

While the thresholds you mentioned aren’t something we can change at the moment, I’ve reached out to our finance team to see if we can work to alter these minimums with our banking providers.

In the meantime, I respect that you don’t have time to chase down this issue and prefer to promote elsewhere given this roadblock. I will notify you personally if the minimums change so that we can better accommodate your situation, and hopefully that will encourage you to give us another try.

Thanks again for your feedback.

-Amy

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Teezone,

In reference to this portion of your post:

"I can't access US merchants as every time I login, it forces me to UK (even when I change the preference), possibly because I haven't set up payment details."

I've tried to locate you in the buy.at network and have been unable to do so. Could you kindly PM or email me direct with your buy.at handle/email so I can recreate this issue? I'd love the opportunity to fix this for you, as we would love for you to view all programs, regardless of location.

Thank you in advance!
    Kim
    Last edited by Kim Salvino; January 24th, 2011 at 03:37 PM.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    I have a balance in GBP, every payment option I try to setup tells me the minimum payout is GBP 250. I haven't seen that high a number since I accidentally joined the German division of another network (I'm in Canada).

I do plenty of GBP transactions - the other networks issue frequent payments in smaller and larger amounts alike. Just not subject to a USD 400 minimum.

The electronic banking system between Canada & US works just fine - it's not cost-prohibitive.

As I said, this has stopped me from expanding the relationship with buy.at. I don't know what the minimum USD payout to a Canadian bank account would be - I can't access US merchants as every time I login, it forces me to UK (even when I change the preference), possibly because I haven't set up payment details.
    Hi teezone,

Apologies for the delay in making the change (it involved investigating new banking options, testing with different providers, etc), but we wanted to let you know that the payment thresholds are now officially reduced. The full post is now here: buy.at | Affiliate Marketing Network Blog Blog Archive Affiliate Window and buy.at Introduce Reduced Payment Thresholds

For GBP specifically, the payment threshold can now be set as low as GBP 35.00. We hope this helps and please let us know if you have any questions.

-Amy

9. Newsletter Signup