Anyone have a cafepress integrated site? I am interested in seeing onein action before paying for one. Any takers?

Good to be back too Anyone miss me? hahaha

ABW Ambassador
    The only people making decent money through CP are those with a niche market

From what I've read on the CP boards anyway.

ABW Ambassador

I just started working on cafepress stuff, so I can't really help. I plan on paying for the premium store though, and I hope I do ok with it!

Animal Lover
    Ian,

I believe loxly (Deb) has a couple of cafepress sites. You may want to get in touch with her. There's also a forum in yahoo for cafepress owners to bounce ideas.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

I had a cafepress store a couple of years ago, got some sales, but a fairly high return rate, so I dropped it as not worth the effort.

There were quality issues then with some items. The main problem is you don't know what they're like unless you order them for yourself and it could become very expensive getting it just right.

I've been thinking recently about selling some branded items, but this time I'd get them made mayself and ship them myself.

Hey thanks everyone for replying. Much appreciated.

TBC: thanks for the link but I was looking for an integrated cafepress site where the store is on the user's domain.

Oscar: Good to see u here. When are you coming to visit Vancouver? I will contact loxly thanks!

Paul: Thanks for the headsup. I am hoping heir quality has increased since. Hopefully, a few years has given them time to fix these issues.

Thanks again everyone!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Paul: Thanks for the headsup. I am hoping heir quality has increased since. Hopefully, a few years has given them time to fix these issues. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The only difference between CP and the Titanic? The Titanic had a band.

Their issues are WORSE if anything. I don't believe they actually HAVE a quality control department. I've heard people complain that out of a multiple item order, only one item didn't need replacing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamyT:
    Their issues are WORSE if anything. I don't believe they actually HAVE a quality control department. I've heard people complain that out of a multiple item order, only one item didn't need replacing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yikes!

ABW Ambassador
    Unfortunately when it comes to print on demand, it's ALMOST a one-horse town. No one quite allows you to set it up the way you can at CP.

They'd save a fortune if they didn't send out the stuff ups... they probably do it hoping the customer wont notice/complain/return it though.

Maybe they should train their staff better not to make wonky images etc in the first place!

http and a telephoto
    Sorry, have been offline all day. Ian, PM me and check the links in the first line of my sig plus this one: http://loxlygallery.com I ahve sites using 2 different scripts to create shops on my own sites.

Quality issues are up and down, depending on who you talk to. I am doing well lately with a zero return rate. (Now watch, I'll have 3 orders returned tomorrow! LOL)
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks for the reply Deb! I knew you would come through again.

I will definitely PM ya early next week to discuss cafepress. I am so beat from my first week back to work Time to sleep ZZzzzzzzzz....

http and a telephoto
    Sleep???? NONE of us can sleep again until JANUARY!!!! LOL. Must keep up with holiday promotions, must add products to cafe press shops, must add links to all spidered sites!!!!!

No Sleep!!! Get to work!!!

(just kidding )
    Deborah Carney

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loxly:
    Sleep???? NONE of us can sleep again until JANUARY!!!! ... No Sleep!!! Get to work!!!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You tell'em Loxly!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

haha funny, but not really hehe we all know how true it is!

PM on the way Deb!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I want to order some mugs with my logo on them - 4 regular coffee mugs - give their quality a try. I don't promote them and don't plan to - just want some mugs.

Send me a PM so I can use your aff link to buy.

Sorry, will ONLY reply back to first cafe press PM I get - let you track it as a test puchase if you want.

Won't purchase or reply to PM until late tonight or tomorrow during day - getting busy this afternoon.

http and a telephoto
    Cafe press doesn't have an affiliate program yet, and there is a design and buy feature you can use to order things one time and not have to set up a shop. Just go to Cafe Press and click on Design and Buy. If you want to set up a shop I'll give you a guess as to my id over there
    Deborah Carney

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    No wonder I didn't get any PMs... duh.

But thanks - got it - buying some mugs tomorrow at slash you.

http and a telephoto
    To clarify, they don't have an aff program yet, but they have a "referral" program, so if you were going to create a shop you can enter a shop name in the Reffered by and that shop will make a small percentage each time you do. But it only works if the referrer has a shop and the percentage is small, so most of us don't think about it much. I would have loved it though if the JibJab guys would have followed my shop link to create their shop!!!!
    Deborah Carney

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread