Talking New Affiliate Page how long until the first sale?
    Hello members

how long does it take if you have a new affiliate site on the Internet until you make the first sales? It has been my experience that it takes about a year to come in the first turnover. Is that when you feel the same or is different from industry to industry?

Sorry for my bad English...

It depends on lots of factors; I think the most important question is how "relevant and useful" your web site is, for people who are searching on the internet to solve a specific problem that a particular product helps to solve.

My newest site's domain was registered in early December, and I "officially" launched the site on January 1. The site has already generated hundreds of clicks to advertiser sites, and I've been credited with advertising fees that reflect more than a dozen sales for merchants. (Traffic has come from a combination of PPC and organic search traffic, plus some traffic from relevant threads on discussion forums serving that niche.)

Of course, I've been doing affiliate marketing for nearly 15 years, and this particular site was quite similar to another one I owned several years ago, targeting the same niche.

I've created other web sites, with high expectations, that never generated a single sale after 1-3 years (at some point I just let the domain registrations lapse).

Hi Mark Welch,

Thanks for your good explanation. I'm from Germany and here I have had the experience when you start a new page you need at least a year, until the first turnover.

The U.S. market is of course many times bigger, so not comparable with Germany. But interesting it here in the U.S. appear to be somewhat faster. You just have to find the right topic
    Last edited by Freakmann76; January 11th, 2011 at 04:34 AM.

There are too many variables to have a set of expectations. A page is not any page, one site is not any site, a merchant is not any merchant and an affiliate is not any affiliate. The product, the program, the competition, the site and the promotional methods all play a part in how long it takes.

One year is WAY too long, IMHO. If you build something very useful and promote it properly, there's no reason you can't have sales start coming in the first day it's up.

On my first affiliate site, I was making sales from day one and was making a full time income from it in less than six months. On my second affiliate site, things happened even quicker.

Of course a lot will depend on what you build and how you promote it. But if you haven't had a sale in a year, I would be surprised if it EVER became successful.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Take a look at Eric Nagel's site (eric nagel dot com). A while ago he did a detailed post about how he built a site to sell our Border Collie checks and used that new site as a tutorial example. The first sale from that site was in about a week. And that was from a brand new site that started with a domain name purchase.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

@ michaelcoley
    earn money from day one I can not believe it. My starting point is to create a new affiliate site in the index and make it search engine optimization. No other promotional activities.

If you earn money from the first day your traffic is not through Google Adwords or SEO special about it?

How do visitors come on the first day on your site? This is the big question.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Freakmann76, we have a German program that doesn't do well as German affiliates haven't embraced it yet. Our English and French sites have done very well. Check out my forum and let me know if it interests you.

Hi Chuck,

where can I find your forum? I would look at me like once.
    Last edited by Freakmann76; January 13th, 2011 at 03:37 AM.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freakmann76 View Post
    earn money from day one I can not believe it. My starting point is to create a new affiliate site in the index and make it search engine optimization. No other promotional activities.

If you earn money from the first day your traffic is not through Google Adwords or SEO special about it?

How do visitors come on the first day on your site? This is the big question.
    I've always kickstarted my affiliate sites by promoting them from existing (non-affiliate) sites with established traffic. Google AdWords could certainly work, too. Growth has always been organic, through word of mouth.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

It depends on how you market that product, how many visitors you get to your website, how well is that product converting, many reasons but I've seen people make money from their website in one month, two, and some even in a week. Like I said it just depends on how you market your product you're promoting.

I launched my first site about 5 yrs ago & took about 1 yr for the first sale, then it took about another year to generate my second sale. I launched a brand new site on 11/24/10 that generated about 140 sales during the holiday shopping season.

Experience is priceless.

Question eflopp noses
    Hi I am just curious, can anyone give an example of what kind of affiliate website will likely be successful this days. and can you give at least 2 best promotional ideas to drive fast traffic. If it is not much to ask or if it is not a competition to your business?
    Last edited by Peoney; January 27th, 2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: add word

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread